Chronicle your costume creation and share photos of your disguise.
So as most of you were aware, I was having support issues with my gear assembly.

Well the news is about to get out! I'm done! The last road has just yet to be traveled, but I'm weeks away from comepletion. MUCH behind schedule however (I wanted to be done by the end of August).

So lets start with how I kept myself sane shall we?

Heres my costume playlist. It gets old after 4 straight hours.... which is how long it took, and a total of 36 hours from the start of the problem to the solution.

Next up,

The proxied assembly, followed up by a little something I like to call, starting the final construction process.

You'll notice that I ended up with just two, rather than 4 supports. I went for function and strength over form. But the form is very nice considering.

Heres the final product (although not an updated picture, the only difference is I covered the other support with duck tape so its not showing any white)

Nice going, SuperSonic! You may feel behind, but I think most people would be glad to be so far into their costume construction by this point. I know I would be. :lol:

Is that an old ZP flier I see, making up the inside of your supports? I like this... The Spirit of the Zombie Pumpkins (literally... the Spirit) is inside your costume. How could you go wrong?!

The board that you have your gear attached to looks really good, that should keep things solid against your back, without the gear swinging around.

Nice playlist too, I know music always inspires me during work. But I have to ask... why no songs from the games that your costume character comes from? I have the soundtracks for both "American McGee's Alice" and "Alice: Madness Returns" and they both have great atmospheric scores that I enjoy listening to at this time of year.
Zombie Pumpkins! wrote:Nice going, SuperSonic! You may feel behind, but I think most people would be glad to be so far into their costume construction by this point. I know I would be. :lol:

Is that an old ZP flier I see, making up the inside of your supports? I like this... The Spirit of the Zombie Pumpkins (literally... the Spirit) is inside your costume. How could you go wrong?!

The board that you have your gear attached to looks really good, that should keep things solid against your back, without the gear swinging around.

Nice playlist too, I know music always inspires me during work. But I have to ask... why no songs from the games that your costume character comes from? I have the soundtracks for both "American McGee's Alice" and "Alice: Madness Returns" and they both have great atmospheric scores that I enjoy listening to at this time of year.
The flyer was for my proxied assembly, to see how the final foam board construction would turn out. But yes, it is a Spirit of the ZP flyer. The gear doesn't sway much, thankfully.

Also, I do not have those sound tracks. In fact I had no idea such things existed! I would have used them provided I had them!

Also I'm just glad I have very few parts to grab a hold of. Just some small locks and 12 black belts if memory serves. I then plan to attach the belts to the gear assembly and have it as a back-pack style set up. Which will be great because I would like to re-use the shirt that I'm using for my costume.

Thanks for the awesome feed back everyone :)

As you can see, I'm slowly getting there. I still need 7 more belts (jesus) and the two small locks. I have the rest of the parts built, and all I need to do now is assemble them. However its REALLY hot in this costume, and it seems to not allow me much air. I need to find a reliable ventilation system so I don't faint while giving out candy.

But this is what I have so far.

And yes, before you mention it, the teapot fell off the cane. How this happened I do not wish to say :lol:

And if you still want to see all the progress shots in one album, I direct you here.
Hottie McNaughty wrote:It looks like it's coming along nicely! Can you do ventilation areas in the tucked away seams, maybe? Some how I ended up with three costumes this year. Now I need to fine two more events to go to! :lol:
I've actually debated that, but am unaware of how to do it.

What I'm thinking of doing is cutting holes in the back of the neck area to at least give me some hope of ventilation (after I make it silver of course).

Thanks for the comments guise!!!

And yeah. The hat is a pain. Its SOOO hard to move around in.
Hottie McNaughty wrote:Could you use those cooling gel packs in certain areas? I've found that if you can keep the top of your head, neck and lower back cool, it tends to keep the rest of you cool as well.
Great idea. I'll look into this.