Chronicle your costume creation and share photos of your disguise.
By Raven
My husband and I dressed up as usual to go ToTing with his brother's kids. We had a fantastic time with cold, but clear weather. I made or modified a lot of my costume this year. I decided to go with a gothic witch look as I've never been a witch before for Halloween. Two days before Halloween I found out my niece was going to be Dorothy from The Wizard of Oz. Had I known before time I would have been the Wicked Witch of the West, but I guess it was cool there was a witch with her anyway. We decided I was the Wicked Witch of the East since we never really see her, we don't know what she looks like.

Here are a few pics of the making of the costume and my niece and nephews costumes.

I found a few witch hats that I liked certain parts of both, so I got them all and cut some things off, glued some things on and ended up with frankenhat.

Side view.

This isn't a great pic, but I didn't get any others and I'm too lazy to go try and get one now. I found a black broom with black feathers at the bottom. I decided it needed some bling so I wrapped purple LED lights around it. They were either steady or flashing, I went with flashing on Halloween. It made it easy for the kids to find us while they were running door to door in the dark.

I have red ruby slippers, but they have a bit of a heal and are just a tiny bit too big for me which makes them rub on the back of my heal, causing blisters. Plus, we walk around 2 miles ToTing so I really wanted to wear something comfortable. My solution was to take red shoes and sequin them up, add a red glittery bow and some red glittery shoelaces. I WILL wear these again.

The rest of my costume consisted of a black skirt with a handkerchief hem, black and purple stripped socks, a black lace up corset and a black velvet cape with purple satin lining. I was thankful for that cape since it was cold. Makeup was black and purple and I had a black, green and purple wig.

This pic was snapped as I was getting out of the car, you can see my violet contact lenses better in this pic. People really liked the lenses.

And me with Twilight Flight.

Hubby was the same as he was last year. A shadow. My nephews called him "uncle shadow" all night.

As I said before my niece was Dorothy, her brothers were characters from the game Minecraft. I know nothing about Minecraft except the graphics are really bad and blocky. My husband printed out the design and they taped the paper to boxes. They wore t-shirts with the characters from the game and one had a sword from the game. The green one was a creeper and the other was Steve..

It wasn't quite dark enough but I tried to get a picture of Dorothy with the 'kin I carved for her, The Wicked Witch of the West.

And lastly my awesome dog went ToTing with us. We saw plenty of other dogs, but none in costume. He was really quite popular. Nothing could have been cooler for him than to see tons of kids running all around.

My nephew, Jax, got tired of ToTing and wanted to quit. He ended up giving me his candy bag to carry because it weighed too much (he thought so anyway) and then decided he was going to finish out the night ToTing for me and my husband. He took off his box head and used it to gather candy and gave everything he got to me and my husband. We made out pretty good! :P

I hope everyone else had a spooktacular Halloween night!
By sloaner
OMG I almost went as a creeper this year. Even got all the green paper and paint for it. You can play minecraft forever and never be done. Great pictures Raven.
By Raven
sloaner wrote:OMG I almost went as a creeper this year. Even got all the green paper and paint for it. You can play minecraft forever and never be done. Great pictures Raven.
I'm glad you know what a creeper is! They made me feel so old and out of touch because I had no idea. :P I had at least heard of Minecraft before, just didn't know any of the characters.
By monstermash
What can I say? You've done an outstanding job again RD, you all look fantastic. I love your make up and those contacts are great, where did you get them? They are such a vivid purple. Uncle shadow is so creepy, love it.
I'm almost embarrassed to say that not only do I know who the Minecraft characters are but ive also been known to play it. :oops: :lol:
They both look brill. And Dorothy even ahs little Toto in her picnic basket! Its perfect. Sounds like you all had a blast, i'm glad the rain stayed off. :)
By Raven
monstermash wrote: those contacts are great, where did you get them?
They are from FourEyez.com. They are not prescription lenses so I really wouldn't recommend them. I'm not positive but I think they do offer prescription lenses as well.
By monstermash
RavensDestiny wrote:
monstermash wrote: those contacts are great, where did you get them?
They are from FourEyez.com. They are not prescription lenses so I really wouldn't recommend them. I'm not positive but I think they do offer prescription lenses as well.

I buy the non prescription type of lense each year. Ive only got them in for a couple of hours so I don't worry too much about damage. I used beautifeye.com but I think i'll take a gander at the site you use if i'm dressing up next year.
By MooBoo
All the costumes look amazing, your make up is outstanding, and your doggy is sooooo cute! Brilliant job this year. :D
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Well aren't you crafty, piecing together your witch costume so well. You've really never been a witch? Blasphemy. Such an iconic Halloween character. I've never been one either, but I'm a guy so I guess it's impossible. I'd have to be a warlock.

Clever way to turn sneakers into ruby slippers. Classic but comfortable!

Your witch makeup is stunning, you obviously have practice with makeup. Great photo with Twilight Flight! I once knew a girl who wore purple contacts, she always caught my eye, I can tell you this much.

The rest of the family looks great too, so happy to see everyone get into the act and enjoy trick or treating (even if its a chore to carry all that heavy candy!). I saw a kid dressed as a box-head Minecraft guy too. Never played the game, but I knew people who do so I was proud of myself for being able to identify that costume.
By SuperSonic
:shock: Quite the artist I see! Great job on this! The lenses caught my eye right away. There is nothing I can say that no one else has already!

You are quite the artist in your own way. Keep it up!