Chronicle your costume creation and share photos of your disguise.
I threw out the doll idea, as I couldn't get the makeup to work, I'm not even good with everyday makeup.

I managed to get a white smock from work, borrowed safety goggles from my husband, bought black rubber gloves at the local dollar store and decided to go as the mad scientist. The only wig I would find that I liked has solid white hair that stands on end. I was thinking that the wig would look better with some dark streaks added in like I was in an explosion. Any ideas on how to do this without it looking to cheesy.
By Kayo
that temp spray dye maybe. i make sure its not hair spray with color in it though that will just screw up a wig i learned that one the hard way
By SuperSonic
Either what Kayo said, or use spray paint. Halloween stores typically carry them. You can just section off what you want with tape, then add a streak.

You can also use Acryllic paint watered down and splash it on where you want it to streak.

Other ideas to consider for your costume:

If you want to make it look as is something blew up in your face. Check my FB profile here

I have a few pics of me as a Mad Scientist from a youth retreat I was on this year. All I used was the following:

* Bed head
* Eye liner Pencil
* Charcoal stick (the art variety).

Then you just apply liberally to the face, and smudge it as best you can, without it looking to gaudy of course. Apply more to where you want emphasis.

If you aren't going to WEAR the goggles on Halloween night, you can use red and black paint mixed 80 red 20 black (or fake blood). With this you can just slop it on in thin streaks, large globs, or even drips.

For the smock, splash some red (or fake blood) and some Black paint watered down to create the Mad Scientist vibe. IF you want to go with gore, use red. Explosions, use Black.

You can take this idea a variety of places depending on what you want to do with it. At the retreat I had a limited supply so I used what I could find.

Good luck!
By Raven
I'm thinking more subtle streaks from an explosion, not darkly dyed, but more charcoal type coloring. Pastels would work really well. I've actually colored my real hair with pastels, and they do come in black despite the name sounding like it would be light colors. If you have a problem with it coloring the hair, add a little water to the hair first, but I wouldn't think a white wig would have any problem picking up the black chalk. It will also wash out easily if you wanted to use that wig for any other reason. If you have a problem with it coming off too easy you can "seal" it in better with a flat iron, although you have to be quick since wig hair tends to melt. I know I'm making it sound hard, but it's really quick to just rub a bit of the chalk on. A charcoal stick would probably work just as well, but since I have not actually colored my hair with one I'm not sure of it's staying power.

If you want dark black stripes a spray color would probably be best but you have to be careful you aren't spraying other parts of the wig with the spray, it does tend to spread out a little and the black would really show up on white. Sometimes spray hair color gives it a sticky feel or kinda glues it together.
By shaft28
Get a cork, real cork, and burn it a little then smudge it on there woth your fingers or a paper towel. Try a little spot on the back you can snip off if it looks terrible. But this was an old trick my mom used for costumes when we were kids (also makes good hobo/pirate beards).