Chatting haunted houses, horror cons and spooky theme parks.
By hkzombie
Has anyone been to a Frightfest @ Six Flags in their area? I was wondering what to expect and how it was. I'm planning to go there next month with my bf. Last year we went to Disneyland around Halloween and it was awesome! Tons of orange and pumpkins everywhere! The Haunted Mansion was taken over by the Nightmare Before Christmas and Space Mtn. had this awesome skeleton chasing you throughout the whole ride... :D
By purple1worm
I've never been but "La Ronde" (a 6 flags) does something for halloween every year. I' d like to check it out too!
By Zombie Pumpkins!
I went to my local Six Flags around Halloween a few years ago. I remember it feeling a bit underwhelming. (See this thread) Your local one might be better. But I bet none do it quite like Disney.
By hkzombie
I will definetly take pictures Combi when I go there and share my experience with you all! Thanks for the thread Ryan, I appreciate it. It's getting me pumped for something different to go to this year! I grew up with Disneyland and it still works it's magic on me each and everytime I go there! I know the park by heart so there is no need for a map! The ticket entrance has the pumpkin carvings of all the Disney characters. They also dress up in different costumes every year! When you hit the beginning of Main St. USA, you will see a huge larger than life pumpkin!And yes, I did take a picture in front of it. I think you can fit a whole family in there! Other than that, the light poles are decorated with more pumpkins and streamers of autumn colors, there are seasonal fall treats that you can eat and drink, and the best part is you can dress up early for Halloween! They also have a nightly show featuring Jack Skellington, and the villians of Disney. It has these crazy strobe effects, fireworks, and fire that blasts up from the ground. And, and...you can see Zero fly across the sky!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
By Joey
The one at Magic Mountain never really did much for me, but it's been a long long time since I've been. I remember liking the Knott's Berry Farm Halloween theme better.