Chatting haunted houses, horror cons and spooky theme parks.
We're going to do it again this year folks...after 15 years,we can't quit!I'm not sure how many pumpkins this year,'cause the crop is kinda lame up this way.So if anyone is in the London, Ontario area on the 30th or 31st,we're going to hopefully have over 600 pumpkins carved & lit with candles.This will be the 16th year.Last year we had over 700.
We did get over 3000lbs of food for the London & Area Food Bank in the 2 nites.All we ask is people to bring non perishable food for the Food Bank when they come to see the show.
Sobeys, a local grocery store, & Lays, supply us with chips as shell outs for the kids.Last year we went thru 14 cases of chips!!!
Anyway...here we go again!!!
My website to see fotos of the show. www.juddkennedy.com
...enjoy...Judd Kennedy
Last edited by shutterbug on Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:17 pm, edited 4 times in total.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Good luck Judd, I'm glad you're keeping at it for another year. As always, I'm honored to have my patterns as part of your mega display.
By shutterbug
Thanx Ryan...I'm looking forward to suspending one in the middle of the yard with the new suspension kit on the site!!!The whole show should be decent again this year!...Judd
By SaneInsideInsanity
London is a bit to far for me but i have relatives in the area i will try and send down. Im jealous of your display sigh, i wish my yard was big enough to do that in my area, but its not stupid downtown. maybe a few years down the road you'll have a Manitoban competitor.
By shutterbug
That would be pretty neat!!The yard isn't really big,but it's completely full!The last 2 years we made up bleachers for them, so we could stack them a bit.(4')The front page of the website shows a bit of what the yard looks like.( www.juddkennedy.com )Once we get things on the site going again I'll try to get some shots up.I'll let everyone know...thanks Judd
By shutterbug
Ok...so...I've finally got the flyer together.The actual flyer is on BRIGHT orange not the white.If anyone would like to donate cash(cheque)to the London Food Bank,send the cheque to me, made out to the London Food Bank,& I'll get it to them & they'll send you a Tax receipt.Just email me at jkennedy@skynet.ca
By shutterbug
OK...TOMORROW is comin' pretty darn fast!!They are calling for windy & wet...not good!We just keep thinking positive!(it has worked in the past)...anyway we're semi under control & kinda on schedule...Only a couple of hundred left to carve(!)....keep U updated... :lol:
By JMP919
Good Luck! Hope you garner tons and tons of food for a great cause!
By shutterbug
Ryan...your dance worked...we had excellent weather for both nites!!
A little windy,but dry!For lighting 820 pumpkins it wasn't to bad.The first nite we got 2108lbs of food in the Food Bank van!!...best yet for 1 nite.Don't know the total yet.By 11am on Sunday they were all gone!I'll keep posting.There are a few fotos up on my site,but I'll be taking in my rolls of film today...
...thanks again for the dance!
http://www.juddkennedy.com
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Glad to hear that, shutterbug! Unfortunately, my anti-rain dance didn't work for my location. At least the rain in my area was scattered showers, so there were enough breaks to allow some trick-or-treaters to wander about. Not a total wash.
By shutterbug
...here is just 1 shot...out of about 48 on film.I will be getting more digital stuff from people that took shots later.We handed out 1360 bags of chips that Sobeys donated to us for the cause!Image
...have a look at the site...some neat stuff up there.My favorite was a small round shaved one that a student from Lucas high school did ...freehand...very cool.Enjoy folks...Judd
...BTW...the last pumpkin still lit on the front lawn display at 1 am was the Pumpkin King...how fitting.It wasn't planned that way either.