Chatting haunted houses, horror cons and spooky theme parks.
By Jessi
If you're looking for something fun to do this weekend (and don't live too far from Delaware) check out the World Championship Punkin Chunkin! http://www.punkinchunkin.com/main.htm The Discovery Channel put out a program about it a couple of years ago and it was awesome! They have cannons and catapults made just for chunkin punkins! I may have to organize a last minute road trip. :wink:
By Mush-Mo
The guy who owns the cannon "First Ammendment" (it's placed in the top three for the last few years) lives just a few miles from where I am. He brings the cannon to local pumpkin patches and does demonstrations. Also, the town I live in has a Pumpkinfest every October, and he has had the cannon in the parade, and then after the parade he's done a demonstration. It's actually pretty cool to see the pumpkins flying through the air and just exploding on contact with the ground. He has to use specific varieties of pumpkins so they don't fall apart with the force needed to send them sailing.
By Jessi
Wow! What a treat. The First Ammendment is sweet! I'd really like to go this year, I've wanted to go since I saw it on TV.
By Jessi
Okay, so we drove up to Delaware yesterday for the Punkin Chunkin. It was pretty lame. You couldn't even see the pumpkins flying through the air because the viewing area was so far away. I was lucky enough to see 2 tiny specks. Most people said they didn't see any. The machines were really cool, though. I wish I would have gone on Saturday because they opened up the launching area so the spectators could get an up close look of the machines. That would have been sweet. They also had a free for all for all the machines on Saturday. That would have been neat. It was a nice trip, though.