Chatting haunted houses, horror cons and spooky theme parks.
I visited Trail of Terror for the first time last year, and was pretty impressed. It's gotta be the most elaborate haunt around these parts of Connecticut.

The unique aspect to this attraction is that it's all outside. You weave a path through the woods, encountering different scenes (many based on your favorite horror movies).

It takes about 30 minutes to walk the whole trail. Admission is $9 for adults and $5 for children. But if I was a child, I don't think I'd go into this experience without a change of underwear ready to go.

If you're in the CT area, I recommend the Trail of Terror. For more info, check out their site at http://www.trailofterror.com/
Last edited by Zombie Pumpkins! on Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
So... I did eventually go to the Trail of Terror. The first thing I noticed was the huge line. Roped off and weaving back and forth, the mob filled a field. I knew it would be a long wait. But I would have never guessed four hours! :shock:

I guess the wait was so long because it was getting close to Halloween by this point, and because of all the rain we were getting, this was one of the only good weather nights to check out the trail before it closed for the season.

They had a few creatures wandering the line to keep your entertained while you wait. But the real scares were inside. I'd say it was pretty comparable to last year. They took out some scenes, but replaced them with pretty good ones.

They do a lot of scenes based on movies, including some very recent ones. One theme I didn't expect to see was a dark version of Tim Burton's "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory." You get to walk through a mini chocolate room where a goggled Wonka threatens to turn kids into fudge. There's also a nut room with rabid squirrels.

I'm not crazy about the parts that make you crawl on your knees. But there was a cool slide when dumps you into a well with Samara from the Ring. With no visible exit, it first appears that the only way to escape the wrath of Samara is to climb up and out of the well.

There were plenty of other themed areas during the 30-40 walk through the trail. One of my favorites is still the twisted circus where you get lost in a maze of halls and doors, until you're all dumped out into a carousel tent with a giant demented clown. The clown eventually revealed the hidden door once you offered him a human sacrifice. I'm gonna miss my cousin.
By Downright Creepy
I'm actually spotlighting this haunt on my website right now. It looks like a wicked cool place to visit. I'm trying to do an in depth Haunt Documentary on them but I haven't heard back from them yet. I really like their website - the added music and voiceovers are cool!
By Aylortay
I went once and it was definitely worth standing in line for :) very spooky!
By Zombie Pumpkins!
I just heard that this attraction had a 5 hour wait this weekend. And we still have a couple more weekends before Halloween! I love haunted attractions, but I don't really have that many free hours to just stand in line. I think I might be getting to the point of springing for the fast pass VIP tickets.