Seek hosting tips and afterward rehash your monster bash.
By monstermash
I beginning to wonder where you had gotten to Dadja, it's not the same here without a touch of Belgian. :)
That is a spooky coincidence, how cool. Although I wont be at your party I apprectaite the little touches, in fact they are one of my favourite things to do. There like little secret nerdy nods to all things macabre.
By Dadja
So, a quick update on the party:

Food:

This is the pumpkin curry:

This is the beef in guinness that will go into little pots like the one you see in the picture, with a puff pastry lid

This guy will welcome the guest, it will be lit from behind to make it look like a true silhouette

And this bad boy will give him foggy surroundings to commit his horrible murders...

Hopefully tonight I'll have a picture of my costume as well...
By Dadja
Almost forgot: I also decorated the bathroom again, this time by hanging up a map of Whitechapel (East London) and marking all the murders committed there by October 31st, 1888. I originally wanted to put up the pictures of the victims there as well, but I figured some people might not be to fond of that. Blood and gore is one thing, real murders victims might be crossing the line. (looking at me, being al considerate about other people's feelings, must be growing up :o )

The room is also bathing in bloody red light...

By Dadja
The party went great, a surprise guest arrived at 2am, so it wasn't until 5am everyone had gone home and I was dead tired. Food and cocktails were great. Cocktails maybe a bit too great. I spent most of yesterday just lying on the couch watching tv and sleeping. Which means all cleaning up is happening today...

A few pictures to wrap things up:

The silhouette in the foggy alley:

Mr Jack the Ripper himself:

By nosferatu
Wow that silhouette looks great and I love that costume. That could always come in handy if you ever have a Sherlock Holmes theme.

Do you hold the parties at your house or in a bar? I can't quiet make out what he sign says above your head.

Surprise guests always welcome unless they are a relative! Sounds like it was a fabulous party as per. I love the fact that you create everything from invitations, decorations, lighting, effects, pumpkins! the attention to detail shows.
By Dadja
nosferatu wrote:Do you hold the parties at your house or in a bar? I can't quiet make out what he sign says above your head.
Uhm, the sign says Dadja's Illegal Cocktail Bar :wink: and it is a bar, and it is my house :p Two rooms of my house function as my own private cocktail bar :twisted: Which sounds both 'really cool' and 'like I have a drinking problem' :)
By zombombie
Dadja wrote:
nosferatu wrote:Do you hold the parties at your house or in a bar? I can't quiet make out what he sign says above your head.
Uhm, the sign says Dadja's Illegal Cocktail Bar :wink: and it is a bar, and it is my house :p Two rooms of my house function as my own private cocktail bar :twisted: Which sounds both 'really cool' and 'like I have a drinking problem' :)
I want to move in... ;)