Seek hosting tips and afterward rehash your monster bash.
So I used to throw Halloween parties every year...and they were always a smash hit! It's been about 3 years since I have held one at my house...so needless to say I am way overdue for one. Circumstances over the past couple spooky seasons have prevented me from having my own bash.

Soooo....who wants to help me pick a theme!! Start tossing your ideas at me!
I always like the idea of a haunted prison. Guests don't have to try too hard with the costume but mainly because I have an oversized, plain, wooden throne (bought from a bankrupt hairdresser) that I have always fancied turning into an electric chair. Bars on windows are easily done, chains etc.

Otherwise, I always liked the idea of having a taxidermist theme. Small rubber animals in glass jars, crows, animal skeletons, dry ice bubbling away, You already have a wolfs head, maybe a collection of others on the wall?
nosferatu wrote:Excellent idea.

One Flew Over CorpseBride's Nest!

CB could be Nurse Ratched, serving drinks shouting, " Medication time"
These are all SUPER ideas!

Ha ha ha what a great idea Nos! I happen to be a Nurse...so it would be rather fitting :twisted: I have lots of apothecary jars and old medicine bottles kicking around.

I also really like the taxidermy theme. I do have a small collection of strange things that could fit well with that. Pictured below is a bit of my collection...my muskrat skull and my newest find...I named her Willow. The picture does not do her justice, she is actually very well done. Complete with the mouth clip to attach to the tail. Not sure if I would be able to wear it around my neck...but she looks great under my little glass dome home I made for her.

Rocky Horror Picture Show would be a blast too! Considering most of my attendees will be my Derby Girls it would be very fitting as well!

AH! Decisions!!!!!!!!
You could have a Labyrinth theme. Like the slightly creepy masked ball dream. The short straw would have to dress up as Hoggle. :)

I do like the taxidermist theme and the asylum theme.
Maybe zombies throughout history: anything from zombie Cleopatra to Napoleon to Abe Lincoln to Marylin Munroe. I don't know what decorations could be used with that idea though.
If you do taxidermy, live stick insects, crickets and locusts would make fantastic relatively cheap props in containers. Afterwards just give them to someone who owns a reptile or keep the stick insects as pets.

Last year for my daughters birthday just before Halloween we had an animal entertainer as part of the fun. Being near Halloween he bought snakes, toads, tarantulas, huge stick insects etc. my daughter had a tarantula the size of a dinner plate crawling across her chest. I was about 60 feet away taking photos. Thing is adults were as intrigued as the kids, great entertainment. Need not be a professional, just a friend of a friend of a friend who owns exotic pets. Preferably before the drinking really starts!
CorpseBride, I bet you have decoration to match just about any theme. I love when you share pictures of your creepy art and oddities.

Since you're a nurse, some sort of mental asylum theme came to mind. Maybe you could decorate different areas to match a certain mental condition or phobia. The dementia dining room. The melancholia master bedroom. The schizophrenic studio where you go to talk to the voices.
Zombie Pumpkins! wrote: Since you're a nurse, some sort of mental asylum theme came to mind. Maybe you could decorate different areas to match a certain mental condition or phobia. The dementia dining room. The melancholia master bedroom. The schizophrenic studio where you go to talk to the voices.
I concur!
Not gonna lie, Ryan and Nos hit the nail on the head. The Asylum is what I was going to mention too. As a form of props for this, you could (although this would take a lot of effort) create a guy in a straight jacket. Maybe he could be animatronic, then shake and scream every time someone passes him.
Well...Ssshhhh....but my mom happens to be a psychiatric Nurse and I may have access to a real straight jacket and some leather straps...but you didn't hear it from me...

Toss me some ideas on some fun themed rooms!!

One thing I thought of today was the Bipolar Hallway...good on one side...evil on the other...
Dadja wrote:
CorpseBride wrote:One thing I thought of today was the Bipolar Hallway...good on one side...evil on the other...

GENIUS!
:lol: :lol: :lol: HA HA! Oh my goodness Dadja...that made me laugh so hard I cried. Oh dear...must watch again.