Seek hosting tips and afterward rehash your monster bash.
By zombombie
So as has now become tradition, the wife and I are holding a Halloween party this year!

We've decided to hold it on Saturday the 3rd of November for a variety of reasons - People will have been paid so will still have time to get anything they need for costumes (probably at a cheap rate too seeing as Halloween will be dead for another year); Halloween is midweek so most people wouldn't come due to working the next day; and the weekend before Halloween just doesn't seem right...

Something else that has become tradition is prizes for costumes. This year I thought I'd mix it up a little by having a prize for Best Costume, Funniest Costume, and Sexiest Costume (I only chose this because I found a cool trophy!)

Funniest will get this trophy:

Sexiest will get:

And Best will get this one:

I'm really looking forward to giving out trophies for different categories this year :D And don't worry ladies, I'm not a total d-bag, the sexiest trophy can be won by either a guy or a gal - or whoever pays me the most ;)
Great idea having the awards. I did that a couple of years ago and it's a good laugh, Ive actually received a bribe to fix this years competition, shocking eh! :lol: . Are you having a theme to your party? Planning any crazy props? I'm having mine on the 27th, I thought it best to do it then when there is still a more halloweeny buzz about the place and before guy fawkes takes over.
That sounds like a great idea. On the plus day November second is Dia Des Los Muertos in Mexico, so you are close to another Halloweenish holiday. Very nice choice for trophys.
I would come, but do not care for planes and not much for boats either. So unless there is giant bridge or underwater tunnel that I do not know about, does not look like I would be there.
Those are awesome trophies!! I was planning on doing something similar for my Halloween bash this year. Where in the world did you find those??
CorpseBride wrote:Those are awesome trophies!! I was planning on doing something similar for my Halloween bash this year. Where in the world did you find those??
I have seen them once at Halloween City and Spirit.
I'm certain it will be a great party, can't wait to hear about it and see the eventual photos. I cannot attend because I will likely be passed out for several days after Halloween.

Hey, those trophies are a great idea. A fun contest and keepsake for your guests. I "won" that same Best Costume trophy a few years ago. Of course, it was awarded to me by my mother, and as her only child, I think she's a bit biased.

Zombie Pumpkins! wrote:I'm certain it will be a great party, can't wait to hear about it and see the eventual photos. I cannot attend because I will likely be passed out for several days after Halloween.

Hey, those trophies are a great idea. A fun contest and keepsake for your guests. I "won" that same Best Costume trophy a few years ago. Of course, it was awarded to me by my mother, and as her only child, I think she's a bit biased.

That's such a great pic :)

So what do you guys think: do you think I should judge the costumes or do you think I should hold a vote, where names are dropped in a hat and counted?