Seek hosting tips and afterward rehash your monster bash.
By monstermash
keifferone wrote:My freinds look at me like I have a third eye when I talk about carving. So a party would be out of the question for me. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Ditto, no one can be bothered carving their own but they ask for one of my carved ones to take home each year. Fat chance!
By Batgirl
Every year at work I mix a staff meeting with a pumpkin carving party. Usually the same group is excited to do it and brings a pumpkin, and then there's the other group that just "doesn't have the time/doesn't care". It's always frustrating when people show up late, show up empty handed, or just don't seem to notice that you're trying to share something with them that you love. But that's exactly why you have to focus on those people that are enjoying it.

I've found that the average person just needs that one fun carving experience to be hooked for life. Once they see the the pattern that they carved light up... it's magic. We've all been there, which is why we're here now.

By hosting a party, you provided that experience for someone and that is awesome! Good for you!

Okay... Sorry I rambled! I'll go back into my cave. :D
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Batgirl wrote:I've found that the average person just needs that one fun carving experience to be hooked for life. Once they see the the pattern that they carved light up... it's magic. We've all been there, which is why we're here now.
Couldn't have said it better myself. Getting people to try is the big hurdle. After that, the magic consumes them.