Seek hosting tips and afterward rehash your monster bash.
By wookie66
Chaos yes, fun yes, the pumpkin guts will be flying that night for sure.
By Raven
My Michaels had a small pack of carving saws on sale today for 1 dollar a piece if you need more tools.

30 is a lot of people but it sounds fun!! It will make a great picture with all pumpkins carved and lit together.
By vibhandaka
I had 6 no shows! :( 1 of my Uncles and his wife were like 3 hours late and then showed up sans kins at dinner time. Most people left before dark, so I didn't get to see the final results. It was fun, but it didn't go how I had imagined.
By ghostface
:( I'm sorry to hear that. Well, atleast you had some fun, right!
By matspud
It never does go as you imagine :? We all think everyone else should be as interested and enthusiastic and they rarely are :( I always gut the kins in preparation and then watch in despair as at least one person hacks their way through one,taking no care whatsoever, and then announces that since I have more they will just use another, I once had a guest who went through 3 £5 kins and not one of them was any use - just because they refused to listen and do what they were told :x I kind of lost the taste for doing groups after that :( The other thing that would happen is that I would tell people to bring their own and they would turn up empty handed with the excuse that they were too busy and they know I always have a few anyway :x I really got fed up of losing my "babies" to other people when they gave no consideration to the time ,effort and money I was losing. :(
By monstermash
Thats the trouble with people. They don't always get how important things are to others or appreciate how much effort it takes and thought you've put into it. The best carving party will be the one that we all have together one day. :D
By GUS
MS shame them by denyng them a pumpkin ((hide your stock)) lazy toerags! ..if they're too lazy they aren't deserving! & most supermarkets are open late anyway, so don't take your coat off the supermarket is down the road...

:lol:
By Raven
Sorry to hear that! I wouldn't give up though. Try again next year. Invite the people who actually participated first. Maybe they will all get the hint you are serious about hosting a carving party. Plus they should all know what to expect now.

You know all of us would gladly carve with you. :D
By vibhandaka
Awww. Thank you all for your kind words! :D Makes me feel much better!!! Teri, did you want your knives back?
By Raven
You can keep them for future parties. I'm sure I will have another bag full in no time.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Unless you're part of some pumpkin carving club, chances are your guests will not be as into it as you are. That's how it goes. For my pumpkin parties, I've usually started them around dusk, so that it will be dark enough to show off the pumpkins when we're done. And I also insist that they bring their own pumpkin. In fact, I've even gone so far as to hide my own pumpkin stash, so they don't say "can't I just have one of those?" :lol:
By GUS
the light up is a pre-requisite, the culmination of all that work.
do it again think of tat as the first cut! ..the rest will be easier now the anticipation & learning curve is over, transferring your own skills (overseeing) is different to zoning out & carving on your own, best to play host & blue peter it yourself*

*here's one I carved earlier :lol:
By vibhandaka
Zombie Pumpkins! wrote:In fact, I've even gone so far as to hide my own pumpkin stash, so they don't say "can't I just have one of those?" :lol:
I should've done that! My best friend saw mine and immediately wanted one because she had to get a last minute wal-mart pumpkin and it was abyssmal. She guilted me into letting her have one. :*(
By GUS
vibhandaka wrote:
Zombie Pumpkins! wrote:In fact, I've even gone so far as to hide my own pumpkin stash, so they don't say "can't I just have one of those?" :lol:
I should've done that! My best friend saw mine and immediately wanted one because she had to get a last minute wal-mart pumpkin and it was abyssmal. She guilted me into letting her have one. :*(

No, No NO, never ever! my stash is exactly that, squirreled away for stroking & loving & kissing, aaand lets NOT go there :oops:
By keifferone
My freinds look at me like I have a third eye when I talk about carving. So a party would be out of the question for me. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: