Seek hosting tips and afterward rehash your monster bash.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Nice blueikaos! You had more luck with those cookies than I did. Do you have the recipe?
By blueikaos
Sure!

Here ya go Ryan!
http://www.britta.com/Hw/hwr.html#fingers

It took me a lil bit to get the shape of the finger right.

I tried putting blood under the "nail" so that it oozed out- that didn't work so well.

If you make them let me know how they came out!
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Thanks blueikaos. They have to turn out better than my first attempt at finger cookies, which went flat when I baked them. :lol:
By mesmark
I like those meaty with fingers. We tried something like that once but we couldn't get the almonds to stay on. Maybe out fingers were to skinny.

What we ended up doing was just painting fingernails on with chocolate. The kids didn't complain about the chocolate of course, but we weren't very satisfied with the outcome. here's the best picture I could find.

There are also some severed hands and gremlin brains in there.

Maybe we'll try that again with the fatter fingers :)
By blueikaos
Wow those are great! All of them look delicious!

Do you happen to have the recipies for the brains and the severed hands?
you have a "hand cookie cutter?"
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Haha, severed hands. How gruesomely great for a kids event. And look how nicely all those cookies are lined up. I'm sure it didn't stay that way once all those little hands (attached to real humans) started raiding the table for snacks.
By nosferatu
They all look lovely and I am immensely impressed. I would eat them all no problems. Gremlin brains! I like the look of the skeleton hands though
By mesmark
Thanks for the nice comments! We do have some fun.

My wife actually doesn't let me use food coloring, so most of the cookies are pretty plain on the color front. However, she caved for the severed hands that year. I used red food coloring and added it to the icing. I don't think I've made them since. It might be a good time to bring those back.

I think I picked up the hand cookie cutter at Hobby Lobby or something. It might have come in a set.

My wife makes these cocoa powder cookies that end up being pitch black and is good to work with. I'll see if i can get her on here to type out the recipe for both :) They're probably from Martha Stewart though ...

I know she uses shortening and as little butter as possible to keep the shape. We refrigerate all of the batter and cookies after we cut them to also help them keep shape.

The gremlin brain were probably just batter squirted through a larger cake decorating tip. Neith my wife nor I remember making those :shock: . These picture were for our party back in 2004.

Every year we try to make something new. Last year we had brain cakes and decorated cupcakes.

Eyeballs were a big hit a few years back. We got the jello molds from somewhere for a reasonable price.