Seek hosting tips and afterward rehash your monster bash.
I want to host a Halloween Game Night Party, but am not 100% sure on how to go about it. It will be the first party I've ever hosted. I asked a few friends and co worker, and they seemed interested.

I just wanted to get some help/opinions on the subject. At the moment I don't even know where to have it (I'm thinking about renting out our local King's Restaurant), If people choose to wear costumes should I also have a contest for best costume, what should be some of the prizes/grab bags? I could really use some help.
BUY-COCAINE-ONLINE liked this
I agree with BrookR1. Definitely try and get an idea of how many people will be coming. Once you know that, then you will have a better idea of the size of the place you’ll need to get and the kind of games to come up with.

I’d try and make it mandatory to wear a costume and certainly have prizes for best costume. Each person would get to vote for their favorite. Prizes could be gift cards to restaurants, or put together a small bag with Halloween items from Dollar Tree. It doesn’t have to be anything major.

Another contest could be “Best pumpkin carving.” Either you could supply the pumpkins, or if there’s going to be a lot of people there, have anyone that wants to enter bring their own pumpkin and carving tools.

The first step though, is to definitely get an idea of how many may come. Then you can figure out the rest of the details.
By amandap80
A lot of my advice depends on what kinda crowd we are expecting. Are we thinking kids? Adults with booze? Sometimes the ways of entertaining either of those crowds are pretty similar. :lol:

Music is a must. I like to set up different 'sections' so folks can flow around and not become wallflowers. (Like I tend to do). A cheap projector or TV showing a halloween movie, some music playing, a nice snack table and some activities are always a safe bet. I have always wanted to do an Ouja party game - not the actual board itself, but something more light-hearted and activity oriented. Maybe cards of threatening phrases and a re-purposed Twister mat...
Well tonight is the night. I hope everything goes well. So far about 11 people are coming. I rented the party room at our local Kings Family Restaurant. I have soda, chips, pretzels, cookies, and cake. Along with two awesome trophies: One for game night champion and the other for best costume. I'm bringing a good bit of games, so I think we'll a good time. I'll try to take some pictures. Especially of my costume.
Have fun! Would love to know what you came up with...and pics too!