Seek hosting tips and afterward rehash your monster bash.
By NikkiRae
So...this year I'm planning on having a small get together with close friends to watch about 6-10 horror movies a couple weeks before Halloween. I'm looking for a few well-known movies, but I also want some that aren't widely watched or advertised. I think they make for a better scare sometimes because you're essentially going in blind. Just wondering if you guys had any suggestions for some very scary ones?!
By SuperSonic
A few good ones I can suggest are these.

Alien + Aliens (1979, 1984)

Halloween 1+2 (ORIGINAL, not remakes)

Poltergeist

Fright Night

Sleepy Hollow (Johnny Depp)

Nightmare on Elm St.

Carrie

Trick 'r' Treat

This is a great variety, while not sticking to the same theme. You can see similarities, but these are all classic and bound to scare just about anyone who hasn't seen them. If the guests have by chance, they all know how great they are :)

This is my two cents.
By NikkiRae
Thanks so much! That actually really helps! It's only August, but we're getting the movies together in the next couple of weeks so that we're not scrambling later lol thanks again!
By SuperSonic
Zombie Pumpkins! wrote:SuperSonic, I like your movie choices. I own almost all of those on bluray, and most are my Halloween season staples.

And I haven't even seen them all. I will be doing some good shopping in the movies department this season.
By Raven
As Zombombie said Session 9 is a good one and not that many people have ever seen it. It's kinda slow moving, but creepy. It's filmed in the old Danvers State Hospital, which just that alone is creepy.

V/H/S (I'm just copying Zombombie) is another that not many may have seen. It also started out a bit slow, but it's worth sticking with it.

Event Horizon is a good one, too, and different from a lot of slasher/horror movies. It's like a mix of horror and Sci fi. Plus no one mentioned that one yet, so I had an original thought to contribute! :P

And yes, Trick 'r Treat is a MUST.
By NikkiRae
Thank you! I really appreciate all of the suggestions. We've officially decided on Trick R Treat and Session 9 so far, I believe. I'm also seriously considering Insidious because I've heard a lot of good things about it, but I've never seen it. And with the group of people I'm having over, if I haven't seen the movie yet it's pretty much a given they haven't either lol I'm the only one that makes them watch these kinds of movies.
By Batgirl
The Descent. I do a scary movie butt-numb-a-thon every year and my friends are still talking about this one from the inaugural year.
By Nasty Canasta
The exorcist

An American werewolf in London

Dog soldiers

Poltergeist

The original Texas chainsaw massacre

Trick r treat ( not to be confused with the ozzy film)

Night of the living dead and dawn of the dead

And the list could go on and on and on...
By Kayo
a few years ago some friends of mine and i were lying around and just ended up finding B-horror movies on netflix that was fun.
By badgers
Rosemary's baby is creepy and scary (again as I mentioned in a different post...saw it when I was a kid and of course the devil).
The Exorcist is and always will be one of the scariest I have seen. :pale: :shock:
The Omen, the original version.