Prepping everything from pumpkin pies to party platters.
By amandap80
Ok everyone, what is your favorite pumpkin beer? I enjoy Blue Moon Harvest Pumpkin as a mainstream beer, I have tried and like Sam Adams Fat Jack (very spicey). Not a fan of Icabod. What are your reviews of various pumpkin beers?
By sloaner
LOL I was just going to post about this. A friend got me a few bottles the other day. It is the Icabod one. I have never had it so we shall see what its like. I really do like the bottle though and will have to use it in one of my pumpkin pictures this year.
By purple1worm
I tried some a few years back. Don't remember the brand but I didn't like very much. It was very heavy on the pumpkin spice.
Maybe I'll try another brand one day.
By amandap80
I just tried the Samuel Adam's Harvest Pumpkin Ale. Very nice, slightly bitter. The winner so far is Pumpkin Smasher, a beer from a local brewery in Murphrysboro called Big Muddy Brewing Company. Creamy, light malt, very delicious!
By MyrtleRob
PumKing by Southern Tier is very good and has higher alcohol content so it's a win/win. Jack's pumpkin spice ale is also great.
By OldTrustyLegs
Out of the specific pumpkin beers (and not the ubiquitous Sam Adams Oktoberfest that rules over them all), I really like the Sam Adams Harvest Pumpkin Ale. It seriously tastes like you're drinking a pumpkin pie.
By Nasty Canasta
Picked up the following this weekend:

Samuel Adams - Fat Jack
Flying Dog - Imperial Pumpkin Ale
Great Lakes - Nosferatu
Dogfish Head - Punkin Ale
By Raven
I saw this in the store last night, but I don't think we got any. We did buy two different ones that I will have to check and see what kind they are. I love scoping out the Halloween brews even though I rarely drink any. :)

By amandap80
Raven,
Pumpkick is my new FAVORITE! Love the hint of cranberry!
By staticfurball
I think I'll try a few new ones this year. I'd like to find some pumpkin wine too.
By purple1worm
I'm trying out this new "Autumn Spiced Lager" from Richard's . It's not bad though there's no pumpkin in it ! :lol:
By Raven
This stuff is the best ever! I usually can't drink a lot of hard cider because it's so sweet, but this had just the right amount of sweet and spicy to it. If you are not fond of the taste of cinnamon and nutmeg, pass on this one. I really loved it!

By staticfurball
I love cider, I drink the mystique brand, don't think we have to woodchuck one here in Quebec.
By amandap80
Raven, have you seen the WoodChuck Pumpkin Cider??