Prepping everything from pumpkin pies to party platters.
By Dans banana Loafcake
Ok we all know that there is a banana loaf cake but do you think you could make a pumpkin loafcake? I could imagine it being baked in a long, square tin. If anyone has an idea for this that'd be great.

And I promise that I wont go about saying its "Dans pumpkin loafcake" as I wont have come up with it! :D

Dan
By stormqueen29
I don't know about a cake, but I do a pretty good pumpkin bread which is baked in a small rectangular pan, so that would be close to what you were thinking.

I can post the recipe for it if you like.

Gale
By MidnightShadow
mmm Please post I would love to try making Pumpkin Bread! Yummy!
By Dans banana Loafcake
Yeah pumpkin bread sounds awsome. Do you reacon you can make it sweet aswell? Sign me up for that recipe!

Dan
By stormqueen29
Ok I have two different recipes I use, here they are:

Pumpkin Nut Bread

Makes 2 loaves

1 can (1pound) canned or fresh homemade pumpkin puree from the garden pumpkin patch
2/3 cup shortening
2-2/3 cups granulated sugar
4 large fresh eggs
2/3 cup water
3-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1-1/2 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground cloves
2/3 cup chopped walnuts
2/3 cup raisins (Optional)
Preheat your oven to 350°F.
Butter two 9 x 5 x 4 inch loaf pans.
In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugar until it is fluffy. Stir in the eggs, pumpkin puree and water. Blend in the flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, and ground cloves. Add the chopped walnuts, and raisins until it is just combined together. Evenly divide the batter into the two well-buttered 9 inch by 5 inch loaf pans. Bake the bread in the middle of your preheated 350°F. oven for 1 hour and 10 minutes, or until your toothpick or cake tester comes out clean. Let the bread cool in the bread pan. Wait 10 to 15 minutes, then turn out onto bread board to cool completely.

This next one is a bit of a twist, but we like it.

Fall Pumpkin Cider Bread

Makes 1 loaf

2 cups fresh pressed apple cider from your local orchard
1 cinnamon stick
1 tablespoon mulling spices {sometimes called apple cider spices}

1 cup canned or fresh homemade pumpkin puree from the pumpkin patch
2 large fresh eggs
1/4 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
1 tablespoon freshly grated orange zest {that's the orange part only of an unpeeled orange}
2 cups all-purpose flour
2-1/2 teaspoons double-acting baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon ground mace
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
Preheat your oven to 350°F.
In a saucepan combine the apple cider, cinnamon stick, and mulling spices. Boil the mixture until it is reduced to about 1/4 cup and let it cool then strain.
In a bowl whisk the pumpkin puree, eggs, oil, brown sugar, orange zest, and the cool reduced cider. Into a mixing bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda, mace, cinnamon, and ground cloves. Add the chopped walnuts, and stir the batter until it is just combined together. Transfer the batter to a well-buttered 8 1/2-inch by 4 1/2-inch loaf pan. Bake the bread in the middle of your preheated 350°F. oven for 1 hour, or until your toothpick or cake tester comes out clean. Let the bread cool in the bread pan.

Hope you enjoy these as much as I do. I also make a fantastic Spiced Pumpkin Butter out of the little sugar pumpkins you can get dirt cheap the day after halloween. MMMMM good!

Gale
By pumkin-lights
ok ok how about pumpkin cookies
heres the recipe:

1 cup butter
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup cooked,strained pumpkin
1 egg
2 cups flour
1 cup raisins
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon