Prepping everything from pumpkin pies to party platters.
Pumpkin Swirl Cheescake with Dulce de Leche and Pralines

The cake

2 cups Ginger cookies crushed
1/4 cup chopped pecans or waluts
1/4 cup butter, melted
3 pkg. (250 g each) Cream Cheese, at room temp
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsr rum
3 eggs
1 cup canned pumpkin
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
Dash ground cloves

Preheat oven to oven to 350°F.
Mix cookie the crumbs, nuts and butter; press onto bottom of 9-inch springform pan. Beat the cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar and vanilla and rum with mixer until blended. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating after each just until blended. Remove 1 cupof the plain batter and stir the remaining sugar, pumpkin and spices into remaining batter. Spoon half the pumpkin batter into crust; top with spoonfuls of half the plain batter. Repeat layers swirl with knife. Bake for 45 min. or until centre is almost set. Cool completely. Refrigerate 3 to 4 hours. when ready to serve top with Dulce de leche caramel and pralines

Pralines

1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 Tbsp. water
1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts

Boil sugar and water in small saucepan on medium-high heat, stirring constantly. Continue boiling, without stirring, about 6 min. The syrup should be thick and golden. Remove from heat. Stir in the nuts. Spread onto parchment-covered baking sheet. Let cool and break into bite-size pieces.

Dulce de leche

1 can of condensed milk

Remove to lid from the can of condensed milk and cover it tightly with aluminum foil and place it in the slow cooker.
Add water to reach almost the top edge of the can.
Cook for 6 hours on low or 3 hours on high.
** if you want a thicker caramel cook for 8 hours on low or 4 on high heat.
By Raven
O.k. this sounds REALLY good.

You can make the Dulce de leche in the microwave very easily. I've done it before. Takes much less time and tastes just as good. Google microwave Dulce de leche. :)
By staticfurball
Ohh I have to try that. I usually go the stove top method to be honest. I put 5 cans into my big suace pot and cover them with water and simmer for 3-4 hours. I put this version because some people are nervouse doing it this way because if you let the water go below the top of the can it can explode and get caramel all over and be dangerouse. I have a HUGE pot though so my water is about 8 inches above the can so Im not the least bit worried.

the slow cooker is good for overnighr caramel though. you just start it before you go to bed on the low setting and in the morning voila its done. :D (if you sleep only 8 hours though lol)
By purple1worm
I've got to try this...maybe with a pumpkin latte!