Prepping everything from pumpkin pies to party platters.
By pagemaster1993
Well I really do not care for cake, pie or pudding; I know that is weird. But I do have a recipe for Pumpkin cookies. I am also getting The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook for Christmas; my Mom shops for us all year round she does not care for the last minute shopping. This cookbook features Pumpkin Pasties and Pumpkin Juice.
By Grave Digger
Pumpkin cookies??? I would love to try them. ;) Got a recipe?
By pagemaster1993
Yeah I will post it on here later. I just have to dig out my Halloween recipe book.
By pagemaster1993
Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies

Ingredients:

1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg(we do not put nutmeg in ours so it is optional)
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 cups packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup solid-pack pumpkin
2 cups uncooked old-fashioned oats
1 cup dried cranberries (optional)

Instructions:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper (we use aluminum foil). Sift flour, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg, and baking soda into medium bowl.

2. Beat brown sugar and butter in large bowl with electric mixer at medium speed about 5 minutes or until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Add pumpkin; beat at low speed until blended. Beat in flour mixture just until blended. Add oats; mix well. Stir in cranberries, if desired.

3. Drop dough by rounded tablespoons 2 inches apart onto prepared cookie sheets.

4. Bake 12 minutes or until golde brown. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheets. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.

Makes about 2 dozen cookies.

We do not follow all the directions as put and it still comes out pretty good. We just mix all the stuff as we read it off the ingredients list into one big bowl then go from their.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
I don't eat the seeds, but I like just about everything else made from pumpkin. Especially baked goods. Pumpkin pie, pumpkin bread, pumpkin muffins, pumpkin cookies...

I once helped a new neighbor move some furniture, and was rewarded with a container of freshly made pumpkin ice cream. The way to a patch masters heart is through his stomach... with anything pumpkin flavored.

I like oatmeal cookies too. I'll have to try out your recipe, pagemaster. Thanks for posting.
By Grave Digger
Thanks for the recipe, pagemaster! My mom will make it in the month of October. ;)

By the way, didn't you see Edy's pumpkin ice cream? You should see at any grocery store when they come out in either September or October. :)
By pagemaster1993
I will have to look for it. Being Edy's it will probably be a big price though.
By Grave Digger
Edy's pumpkin ice cream is always coming in late September and October. I believe it's 5 dollars each, but if you're lucky you can buy one and get one free. Neither two for only 5 dollars! :D Make sure to remember that you can always buy at your own local grocery store. ;)
By Kayo
i JUST made pumpkin cinnamon rolls (there cooling right now) i dont normally care for the consumption of pumpkin (please dont lynch me) but something about these things just create a feeding frenzy in me
By GUS
I find that the more I eat it the more I like it, however that may be age & a hatred of waste of food produce in general, one world, too many demands placed upon it!
I'm even contemplating my pumpkins into the wormery after the bleach has degraded, i'm going to call the manufactureer & see what the precise conditions required are, don't want to kill my composting worms!
By staticfurball
my favorites are pupkin swirl cheesecake with pralines and pupmkin spice cookies. I cook plenty of pumpkin so I have puree in the freezer for months.

Its also good just bakes in the oven with a mixture of butter a little red curry and a few table spoons of maple syrup.
Last edited by staticfurball on Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By GUS
I've been very lax & have just realized i'd not published the half-ass page of pumpkin recipes I have, currently there are around 60 worth looking at, more to come, they link directly to the foodie sites & I will bulk them out eventually, not to mention photo's when I get the time, but for now it's a nice bundle of recipes for kins & squash..
By hkzombie
Anything with pumpkin I will eat, especially sweets! Pumpkin Ice cream, your a dead man if you grab the last one if I'm there... However, Pillsbury Halloween cookies do NOT count, eeww!