Prepping everything from pumpkin pies to party platters.
By blueikaos
I was wondering, a lot of people say to let the seeds dry over night, but I am having friends over for a carving party and want to cook some up that night...

Can I just rinse them off and bake them?
By The Vlad Hatter
Yup, but I find them pretty bland on their own. I tried to season them last year, I still didn't care for them much.
By blueikaos
Oh! I didn't mean not season them all.

I'm sorry, I am definately going to season them, my main concern was if you can bake them without letting them dry out overnight.
By GUS
I think this'll be on Martha's seasonal recipes without a doubt.
By blueikaos
I know I can just find them on cooking sites and things but I'm asking for personal opinions Gus.

How do you bake your seeds? What kind of seasoning do you use on yours?

I love to hear other ways of doing them.
By The Vlad Hatter
I tried some with just salt, some with pumpkin seasoning (yes, overkill), and then come with other various favorite flavors (lemon pepper, cilantro). Just didn't really care for them.
By GUS
That's why I pointed to martha, seeds are generally "seasoned to taste" & salt is a heaven / hell food depending on your side of the fence.
(not to mention you guy's have plenty of decent seasonings over there) ..so nutty oils or something might be better?

I love toasted pumpkin seeds with handfuls of other seed, for a combined flavour, never had em on their own.
By Crystal
I clean my seeds and take off as much goop as I can.. soak the seeds in warm salt water for a little bit. Spread them out on a cookie sheet.. then... dare I say it??

Pour melted butter over them and bake... :shock: Yes I'm a fat girl LOL..
By paddy_babe
that sounds nice! will have to try that one... was just going to dry them out for my parrot lol
By Crystal
blueikaos wrote:O.M.G. Crystal! I am SO trying that!
I'm like Paula Deen everythings better with butter..now if I could find a way to add bacon.... :lol:
By paddy_babe
:lol: crystal! I'm like that with my crumpets, when I butter my fella's and he looks at the puddle underneath I just answer "if your not having chest pains, theres not enough on it!" :lol:

hmmm pumpkin seeds wrapped in bacon, dizzled with butter and a side order of fries :D
By Joey
I'm constantly fiddling with my pumpkin seed recipe, trying new things to get the best results. I made a fantastic batch last weekend though, and I must share.

So I pulled out all the seeds and put them in a bowl, and removed all the stringy bits while leaving the general pumpkin goo. I added a bit, maybe about a table spoon, of kosher salt and a few shots of cayenne pepper, and stirred it around so it all melted into the goo. Then I left it there to marinate for about a half hour while I cleaned out and prepped the seeds from my second pumpkin. Then I laid them out on a cookie sheet and baked for 20 minutes at 300 degrees F. After 20 they weren't done so I checked every 5 minutes until they were golden brown and delicious at 35 mins total.

I'd say try experimenting around. And write down what you do, so you remember what's good and bad.
By Hottie McNaughty
I don't rinse mine, just remove any stringy stuff. I combine them with melted butter, salt, worchestire sauce and some cajun seasoning. I bake them at 325 for 45 minutes to an hour.
By GUS
..top tip Worcester sauce is a must have! ..good call.