Any creepy topic that doesn't fit the categories below.
Ok, you know you had them. You know at the end of the night you dumped out your loot and took inventory of what you got. May be even organizing candy by type in their own piles and counting how many of your faves you got and reviling in how many of the ones you disliked in your stash. Which then of course led to some old school barganing with the siblings - 1 snickers for 2 almond joy...10 tootsie rolls for 1 reeses...

What were your favorite and least favorite treats:

The best:
Reeses PB cup
Almond Joy
Snickers
Homemade treat from a neighbor (popcorn ball)
Any full sized candy bar (which is why I give them out at my house)

What sucked:
Bit-o-honey
Rootbeer barrel
Sugar free candy (1970's style) from a dentist - they got tricked
A penny (same old lady every year)
Baby Ruth
I don't know if it's still the case, but when I was growing up the small bags of plain potato chips we got trick or treating had a unique taste that I was always fond of (probably because they were even more mass produced and terrible for you than usual). I bring it up because last weekend I was eating some "Ol' Grandad's" chips and one of friends remarked "these taste like Halloween!" Brought me back 15 years :lol:

- Caramel cubes in the clear wrappers
- Tootsie Rolls
- Popeye's cigarette sticks
- Rockets

Dislikes:

- Those cheap toffees in the Halloween themed wrapper
- Candy corn
- Waxy dollar store chocolate
Well, I don't trick or treat anymore. Too old they tell me :roll: But my kids do! Of course, I charge a small "tax". :wink:

Favs:

The normal, big name, chocolate candy
Smarties
Whoppers
Gummy body parts and other gummies
The little bags of microwave popcorn (those are my kids favorite)
Pixy Stix

Nasties:
Those gross chewy things in the orange and black wrappers
Pretzels
Chocolate gold doubloons
Anything left over from a previous holiday
My favorites were always the regular name brand candy you can always get, Milky Way, Kit Kat, Almond Joy. For some reason I was always thrilled to get Smarties, although I never want them at any other time. I tend to steal a Pixy Stick or two from my nephews each year, too. Popcorn balls are always great, although when I was a kid my mom would usually take them away, fearing they were held together with poison or maybe some sort of illegal drugs.

While normally I like Saltwater Taffee, I hated getting it because it was always some cheap tasteless generic stuff. I also hate Candy Corn and Jelly Beans, so was disappointed when they would show up in my bag. There would always end up being some house handing out dental floss or mini tubes of toothpaste. I never knew which house it was since as a kid you're in too much of a hurry to get to the next house and more candy to really pay attention to what house gave out what kind of stuff.
Hmmm good question

Favorites:
Smarties
mars
caramilk

Dislikes:
Coffee crisp
cheap no name brand stuff
tooth brushes (my dentist used to live down the street)

I sooo want some candy now.
sloaner wrote:Hmmm good question

Favorites:
Smarties
mars
caramilk

Dislikes:
Coffee crisp
cheap no name brand stuff
tooth brushes (my dentist used to live down the street)

I sooo want some candy now.
Haha Coffee Crisp seems to be a polarizing chocolate bar. I have a brother who you couldn't pay to eat one.

You seriously didn't like getting tooth brushes? My dad worked for the Canadian Dental Association and we always had a bunch of tooth brushes to hand out. They were a huge hit (especially with teenagers). The parents appreciated it too.
Hah. Maegnus. Halloween wrapped chewy icky things. Me too!

Favs...

Peanut butter cups
Coffee crisp
3 musketeers (these were always rare & special)

Ick...

Aforementioned hallowwen wrapped stuff
Raisins
Black licorice

Phew. Shivers!
Oh, this is easy!

Favorites:

(Just let me agree - anytime as a kid I got the mainstream, namebrand candy - your Snickers, Butterfinger, Hershey's, etc. - it was good, so this is my favorite stuff among those)

Reese's Cups - Mini, full size, whatever.
Sixlets - As a kid, I only ever got these around Halloween, and found them better than M&M's. Nowadays, that probably doesn't hold up, but they will always be one of my favorites of childhood.
Snicker's - It satisfies.

Least Favorites:

Popcorn Balls - Congrats to you folks that got these and enjoyed them. Every one I ever got at Halloween was stale and terrible.
Black Licorice - Yuck. Even as an adult, I've never gotten a taste for these nasty things.
Mary Jane Peanut Butter Kisses - Yeah, that's right folks, I'm blowing your mind, I KNOW the name for those terrible orange and black wrapped pieces of crap that come out at Halloween! They also come in generic versions, but they all are terrible.
All good calls on bad candies!

Raisins (Made me want to kick in a pumpkin!)
Black licorice
Mary Janes PB Kisses (nasty taffy)

And yes, toothbrushes sucked. Anything from a dentist house always sucked. Toothbrush, floss, sugar free candy... I would think teenagers would egg your house!
shaft28 wrote:All good calls on bad candies!

Raisins (Made me want to kick in a pumpkin!)
Black licorice
Mary Janes PB Kisses (nasty taffy)

And yes, toothbrushes sucked. Anything from a dentist house always sucked. Toothbrush, floss, sugar free candy... I would think teenagers would egg your house!
I forgot about raisins; probably my most hated. Anyone giving out raisins on Halloween needs to rethink their life strategy.
Favorites:
PB Cups
Baby Ruth
Snickers
Pay Day
All good chocolate!

Least Favorites:
Hard cinnamon or butterscotch candies - usually broken
Gum
Smarties
Licorice anything
Hot cinnamon bears - really??

I always give out the good stuff at my house!! Chocolate and playdoh for the kids with extra effort in their costumes. :)
Loves

any chocolate
Skittles/Starbust
flavored tootsie rolls
tootsie pops
cans of pop

hate
religious pamphlets (10 commandments??)
pennies
I guess I've always been and OCD organizer. I too used to dump out my candy bucket after trick or treating, and group everything into neat piles, grouped by how much I liked each candy. I wonder if I can dig up any old photos of this sorting process.

Reeses Peanut Butter Cup - the PB cup was always king. When I was cataloging my loot from the night's effort, I would stack those square, orange wrapped candles like a tower. I'd gladly trade almost anything else in my stash for more PB cups.
Full sized candy bars - We always had to make an effort to walk over to the "rich neighborhood."
Blow Pops
Pixy Stix
Lik-M-Aid (now Fun Dip)
Skittles
Kit Kat

Dislikes:
Circus peanut candy
Chalky NECCO wafers
Those wax bottles with liquid inside (Nik-L-Nip)
Tiny "fun size" candies that aren't so fun
Tootsie Rolls (didn't like them as a kid, but now I do)
Black licorice
Gum
Pretzels
Raisins
Pennies
Religious pamphlets
Dislikes: Those horrible little sour sweets that get sent to you through the post. :lol: One suck and your tongue and the inside of the mouth are devoid of moisture and shrivelled. Gave it to my wife who thought I was trying to poison her. Foiled again.