Any creepy topic that doesn't fit the categories below.
By zombombie
Absolutely sickened and saddened by the news from Denver about 12 people losing their lives and upwards of 50 people injured by a gunman.

I truly hope no one on the boards has been effected by this tragedy. My thoughts go out to the victims of this horrible act of violence.
By Hottie McNaughty
What a horrible, horrible tragedy. I was deeply affected by the Cafe Racer shooting in Seattle in May and I sincerely hope no one I know was affected by this shooting. My thought are with the victims and their families.
By ghostface
It sickens me that people feel they have the need to do something like that. Terrible, just terrible. My thoughts and prayers go out to the families that have been affected by this terrible act.
Last edited by ghostface on Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By DoomCookie
I don't understand why someone would do this. It saddens me and my heart goes out to the family of those poor people.
By MooBoo
We live in a terrible world sometimes, my thoughts are with the people affected by this tragedy.
By Raven
I couldn't help but tear up this morning watching the news. My heart goes out to the people in the theater, even the ones who were not injured. I can't fathom the fear they must have felt, and to the families that lost a loved one. I have family in CO. and immediately checked to make sure they were o.k. I hate when things like this happen. :cry:
By sloaner
That type of stuff is really disturbing. I don't know whats going through these peoples heads that just decide to ruin and end so many innocent lives. I'm glad the caught him but it doesn't change what he did. I'm not really anti guns but at the same time why do civilians need access to AK's and tear gas.
By Cheef
Crazy, disturbed people do crazy and disturbing things. This tragedy is horrible and my thoughts and prayers are with the victims and the people of Aurora.
By Kayo
i live in the seattle area and have family in colorado. these recant acts of random gun violence scare me and i really believe the gun control laws need to be revised and the mental health care system emphasized and more accessible so hopefully these incidents can stop happening. to anyone affected I'm truly sorry you have to live through that kind of pain.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Incredibly tragic and so sad. I can't fathom how scared the victims were, and how shaken and shocked their loved ones are. I saw a couple interviews with survivors, but it's too sad to watch. I hear that the news media has been airing constant coverage of this crime, but I haven't been watching. There's no need to wallow in all that sensationalism. For me, it was enough to read a thorough article in order to feel informed, and then not dwell on every detail and speculation. The deranged shooter obviously wanted attention, and I don't want to give him that satisfaction.

I'll point out this video, Charlie Brooker's Newswipe 25/03/09, in which a forensic psychiatrist (and Charlie Brooker) give insightful perspective on the news coverage's perpetuation of mass shootings. If you don't care to watch, I'll recap the final quote which says, "I have repeatedly told CNN and our other media, if you don't want to propagate more mass murders, don't start the story with sirens blaring. Don't have photographs of the killer. Don't make this 24/7 coverage. Do everything you can not to make the body count the lead story. Not to make the killer some kind of anti-hero. Do localize the story to the effected community, and make it as boring as possible in every other market. Because every time we have intense saturation coverage of a mass murder, we expect to see one or two more within a week."

It's disappointing that many of the news headlines start off by mentioning the name of the movie playing in the theater where the crime took place, even going as far as attempting to draw connections between the fiction of the film and real life tragedy. When a mentally unbalanced person is determined to perform a selfishly violent act in a crowded place, they're going to attempt something sooner or later, be it in a school, post office, or at some other movie premiere. It might be more appropriate to talk about topics like gun laws or mental health diagnosis methods. But certainly movies and music and video games shouldn't have to take the blame. In a world where such sad events happen, we need escapist entertainment as a refuge. Roger Ebert contributed an interesting opinion piece on these topics.

Filmmaker Christopher Nolan also released a statement saying, "I would like to express our profound sorrow at the senseless tragedy that has befallen the entire Aurora community. I would not presume to know anything about the victims of the shooting but that they were there last night to watch a movie. I believe movies are one of the great American art forms and the shared experience of watching a story unfold on screen is an important and joyful pastime. The movie theatre is my home, and the idea that someone would violate that innocent and hopeful place in such an unbearably savage way is devastating to me. Nothing any of us can say could ever adequately express our feelings for the innocent victims of this appalling crime, but our thoughts are with them and their families."

Anyway, I say we do our best to remember those who were lost and show our love for those around us. Stay alert but don't live in fear, and keep appreciating and enjoying life.
By paddy_babe
Thoughts and prayer go out to the families :( I can't get my head round why someone would do it. What hits me worse about this story is there were children there/caught up in it, makes my stomach lurch. Prayers to survivors/injured as well as it must have been traumatic :(
By pagemaster1993
My thoughts go out to the victims and their families. I never seen how people could act out such horrific events.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Did you hear about this? Christian Bale, who stars in The Dark Knight Rises, spent about 2.5 hours at the Medical Center of Aurora on Tuesday, where he met with hospital/emergency staff and several patients injured in the mass shooting. Bale and and his wife also visited a growing memorial to victims near the movie theater. Now that's a super hero.

Read more about it here or here.