Any creepy topic that doesn't fit the categories below.
By Nikki
Does anyone else have the problem of people coming by in the middle of the night and vandalising your pumpkins or Halloween decor? This has happened during the past 5 years all around the area.

I live in a little suberb neighborhood of S.F.! Go figure. I hate the fact of making such nice designs and then finding them thrashed in the morning. I wish I didn't have to go outside in the middle of the night after all the kids have stopped trick or treating...just to take in the Pumps. I used to keep them out because people would come by and look at my yard :(

*sigh*. Does anyone here also have neighborhood kill joys?
By Tkaraoke
Traditionally there are quite a few smashed pumpkins (damn you, Billy Corgan!) the morning following Halloween in our area. I don't know why people seem to feel that it's OK to tear down what people work so hard to put up. I'm going to make sure that I do take my battery powered lights out of the pumpkins at about 11am so they don't end up getting smashed.
By Kittie
Yeah we get it around here before Halloween and of course on Devil's night, the evening before Halloween.

I try not to put anything special out until Halloween day.
By balsak40
Don't have that problem here. I live in a suburb of Cleveland. I hear an occasional pumpkin smashing but it's just one or two gourds... No reports in the last 2 years.
By Kerianne19
That is so sad fellow carvers! The kids around here haven't ever messed with our stuff (knock on wood :)) Even the older kids stop by at night to look at the pumpkins.. Darn those naughty kids!
By amandap80
No problems here, yet. Luckily, I have a fenced in front yard, with a nice 'BEWARE of dog' sign on the fence. It also helps that my 2 huge dogs, 1 a saint bernhard, are often out making allot of noise. Oh yeah, sitting sniper style in my window with a BB gun helps too.
By Liderc
So do tot'ers ever come to your house then? lol
By Italian Pulli
Yea im kinda worried this year of vandalisim becuase im doing a little haunted house this year i hope nothing like that happens.
By amandap80
Liderc wrote:So do tot'ers ever come to your house then? lol
Oh yes, puppies are locked away for trick or treat....I had maybe 50 last year, I keep hoping for more. Last year we had a drizzle, so many tot'ers went home early. Fingers crossed for this year!
By girrr
I haven't had that problem yet. Thank god. I would be so unbelievably pi**ed if that happened to my pumpkins. I live in a neighborhood with a lot of young families with very young kids. And most of the families are diplomats from overseas so their houses are never decorated for the typical American holidays. Which makes me feel more secure with my pumpkins cause its a novelty for them. The last year or two, we've seen an increase in kids trick or treating from other neighborhoods. So now I'm starting to be more wary on halloween night and after most of the kids have come, I move the pumpkins out to the deck which is visible from the street and nobody can get to them.
By SuperSonic
ive never had a problem with this either my pumpkins MAY be smashed by ME in order to get them disposed of in my green bn properly but nowadays i just take'em to the dump and let them do what they want :P I tend to get about 75-100 for tot'ers btw
By Kittie
First year at our new house, all 30 or so pumpkins we carved were smashed. now we take them down at midnight.
By CombichristGirl
none around her3e tg basalik im near cleveland woot i goto school in middle burg heights right down the road lol u should come check out the display this year in oberlin
By stormqueen29
Fortunately we have never had that problem here. It's odd, sheds and cars get vandalized all the time around here, bikes and tools get stolen and stuff like that.

But thus far, we've never had anyone smash our 'kins. Perhaps because we are one of barely a handful of people who carve real 'kins, and so far THE only one who does anything so elaborate, maybe the kids just enjoy seeing them too much to ruin them.

We usually have a huge display of 'kins because I have a friend who raises pumpkins and he brings us 25 or 30 to carve. We have people stopping by and taking pictures all night. It's like they've never seen a carved pumpkin.

Perhaps they just like the way we put so much effort into our 'kins, so they leave them alone, I don't know but I'm glad they do.

Gale
By mudd
only problem i ever had was kids blowing out the candles. i caught a kid once , didnt see me standing behind him. his momma saw him too, she asked him what he did he said nothing, then next thing i know she slapped him across the mouth! he came back to where i was ,apoligized and gave me the candy back. gotta admit i didnt feel bad for the kid.