Any creepy topic that doesn't fit the categories below.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Wow. Pumpkin Ltd. That goes back. I don't think I had that book, but I had one slightly later. I remember those photos and graphics used in those days. It's where it all began, in a way. Cool trip down memory lane. Thanks for scanning and sharing.
By wookie66
I still have that pattern book and its where it all started for me as well. I did the pirate pattern that year. I was only 10 about to turn 11, needless to say the carve didn't quite turn out to good, but it was descent enough that people commented on it and said how cool it was. Thats all i needed to hear to do better the next year and try to top myself year after year.
By Starparty
You are welcome! I love flipping through it. The patterns are so different than I am used to doing nowadays. They sold the saws flat and you assembled them before you carved!

I'll scan in the rest of the instruction pages later this evening!
By S.A.M
It's fantastic to see the first one, thanks for uploading the pictures. Pumpkin Masters was how I got started with carving beyond triangles, as I suspect most people did. PM patterns were all I carved before I found Zombie Pumpkins!

I had to import the books from a shop over there, I'd eagerly await the avirval of the US Mail carton, there was a great expectation placed upon the patterns as they would form my Halloween display, two possibly three pumpkins on a step!

I know that compared to what Ryan produces the PM patterns seem a little naff now, we've been spoiled by Zombie Pumpkins! (A great thing btw) But I still have a certain fondness for the old PM kits, great stuff :)
By Crystal
Thats really awesome. We bought one later and fell in love with pumpkin masters. I used to buy their books every year. But they just kind of gave up trying to have decent patterns. The last set I bought was the movie monster book . I still have it and scan any pattern I would like to use. I was so happy when I found Zombie pumpkins because by that time pumpkin masters had gone down sad road. I sill see their pattern books and get a little happy... Until I look at the patterns. They are now what I would call kids patterns :( I told my sister that I think Ryan made them give up LOL
By werehawk
I didn't get started that early but still have some of the later books. Thanks for the trip down memory lane.