Any creepy topic that doesn't fit the categories below.
By Kittie
We blew the main breaker in our house twice on Halloween Night. .

hehehehe

I guess you can't run 7 strands of Orange and purple christmas Lights 5 strands of C9 christmas lights (7 watts per bulb), the inflatable grim reaper, Every light in our house, two desktop computers, 3 radios, a coffee pot, two crock pots, a 400 watt fog machine. . . and then . . . becuase we were cold. . we tried to turn on the 1500 watt Ceramic heater. . . and it ran. . til the fog machine cycled. . and then. . . . POOF!! The entire house went black. . . and not just a little. . like completely!

So we ran around and unplugged the coffee pot, and crock pots, and the comptuers and went and flipped the breaker. Went back out on the front porch. . . our friend Randy decided to go to the bathroom. . we decided to turn the heater back on. . and it ran. . and then the fog machine cycled. . and POOF! Complete darkness. . and what do you think Randy was doing. . . up aiming at the toilet. hahahahahahaha

Yeah it was a great night!

By JohnnyL
Haha, sounds like me around Christmas time. It's very frustrating! Your house looked GREAT! Amazing job on all of those pumpkins.
By Kittie
We don't do anything except a tree at Christmas.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
No major mishaps for me, but one disappointment (speaking of fog machines) was that I wasn't able to use my for the second year in a row. Last year I built a fog chiller out of a cooler, but didn't get to test it because after setting it all up, I realized that the fogger no longer worked.

So this year, with a new fogger purchased, I was ready to give it another go. So determined was I, that I didn't bother to think about the weather. The fog machine worked and the chiller seemed effective.... for a split second before another gust of wind whisked away all my smoke. Blustery nights are no good for fog.

And then the skies opened up, and the rain began to pour down on my display. I decided it wasn't too wise to have electronic devices running outside in the rain so the fogger was quickly brought inside.

And so the poor weather was probably the biggest disappointment for me this year, but the pumpkins seemed to love the rain. Keeps them well hydrated and looking fresh, ya know. And somehow the candles stayed lit the entire night. Must be that strong voodoo magic.
By nosferatu
No major mishaps for me. A lack of Trick or Treaters due to it being a weekend. My only potential problem was time. I ran out of it.

I had forgotten how long it takes to gut a pumpkin by hand and the only way to get them all done was to stay up most of the night on Thursday and Friday. Definitely buy a gutting drill attachment next year.

Do you remember M.A.S.H.? Hawkeye would be in the operating theatre, surrounded by bodies, guts and contemplating the futility of war whilst slowly going insane?That's what it was like in my kitchen on Thursday night. That's how I felt on Thursday night. It was only as I resuscitated the kins with some magic zp medicine that brought me out of my catatonic state.

Can't wait for next year though
By GUS
Nos, ((wags finger) ..You should know better sir!

estimate it took me 30 seconds apiece to gut & thin my admittedly small tesco pumpkins)

..thankyou shocking shop, took it round to my neighbours but they'd done theirs by then & were "gutted" to hear how quickly they could have been carving.
you need to invest in the pumpkin gutter then ask to borrow your wifes power drill.
between that & the saral paper you'd have been crowing away like a good-un.
By CombichristGirl
nosferatu wrote:No major mishaps for me. A lack of Trick or Treaters due to it being a weekend. My only potential problem was time. I ran out of it.

I had forgotten how long it takes to gut a pumpkin by hand and the only way to get them all done was to stay up most of the night on Thursday and Friday. Definitely buy a gutting drill attachment next year.

Do you remember M.A.S.H.? Hawkeye would be in the operating theatre, surrounded by bodies, guts and contemplating the futility of war whilst slowly going insane?That's what it was like in my kitchen on Thursday night. That's how I felt on Thursday night. It was only as I resuscitated the kins with some magic zp medicine that brought me out of my catatonic state.

Can't wait for next year though
thats pretty much what i was gonna say in a nut shell lol
By Kittie
We built a chiller for our fog machine too, and it was hard to tell because of how windy it was. :(
By Artex76
We had really strong winds and rain all day. The rain passed but the wind did not I had a hard time keeping my pumpkins lit. Lots of trick or treaters and everyone still had fun.
By SaneInsideInsanity
I wasn;t ready Trick r Treaters started coming around 4 o clock and i had to cut my menu back for my party never got it all finished.
Other then that the Wind and my fog Machine also not working I had one major mishap around midnight...

...The Only One they didnt smash was Thriller.
By nosferatu
Gutted for you :( :(

I hope you took pictures before they were smashed as I reckon it looks a top class display. Your coffin looks first rate regardless

What goes around, comes around. They'll get what is coming to them
By JMP919
Awful. Some people just have no respect for others' hard work. Very sorry this happened to you.
By Raven
Very sad to see Sane. Sometimes the stupidity of people amazes me.

My only gripe was the rain. It rained all day, and all night. We still went trick or treating regardless and ended up at a Halloween party at a random house while taking my nephews around. Once the stupid football game started the neighborhood became quiet real fast. I wish I had remembered to bring my camera. The party hosts were all dressed as Harry Potter characters and were very convincing. They had two Great Danes which they dressed as Aragog and Buckbeak. They served "Butterbeer" made with Ginger Ale and Butterscotch Schnapps. Very yummy. :P
By GUS
argh! scumbags, sane have you called the papers & made the idiots feel like the dregs they are via a statement such as "If this is how my community receives halloween then I may just not bither ofr 2010, (which might get you an apology / town feeling going in your favour)

Personally whilst it's despicable, I'd use the local press to push the issue of "some kids being more braindead than a zombie could ever be" ..there's a quote for you!

Sorry this happened after all your good work.