Any creepy topic that doesn't fit the categories below.
From the Toy Industry Jobs Newsletter comes this Interview with Halloween veteran Marty Mandell.

Here's an excerpt:

"Halloween is one of the few industries in this country that has had, and will continue to have, an unprecedented growth potential.

Historically, the Halloween industry has grown each and every year for the past two decades (with the exception of 2001-2002, due to 9/11), and is reported to generate approx. $8 Billion in sales, second only to Christmas. Three numbers tell the tale: In 1993, we spent $2 billion on Halloween candy, costumes and decorations; five years later $4 billion; this year an expected $7.6 billion.

The Consumer Trends Institute recently coined the word 'Falloween' to describe how the decorations we once put up for one night of trick-or- treating have edged away from goblins & ghosts in pursuit of a more seasonal lifestyle, starting from Labor Day through Thanksgiving. Only Christmas gets consumers dipping into their pocketbooks with such abandonment, and with this Seasonal Lifestyle change and Halloween getting stretched over the whole of October, it may soon exceed Christmas sales."

Sounds like Halloween's popularity is continually growing! I'm sure our little community is part of that trend. I've been buying more Halloween decorations every year, and spending more on my costumes. And of course, I know we're all doing our part to spread the popularity of pumpkin carving! 8)
ZombiePumpkins wrote: Sounds like Halloween's popularity is continually growing! I'm sure our little community is part of that trend. I've been buying more Halloween decorations every year, and spending more on my costumes. And of course, I know we're all doing our part to spread the popularity of pumpkin carving! 8)
you play the biggest part in making my halloween :lol:
By Patti
In 2001 we probably had the greatest number of people over to see the pumpkins and in my opinion it was directly related to 9/11.

People weren't taking their kids out for trick-or-treat because of fear and also I think they just hadn't had time to process the whole tragedy.

Quite a few parents mentioned that they came over to our place because they felt it was "safe". Even though they gave up other aspects of Halloween that year, they still made the trek to "see the pumpkin people".
By mesmark
I can certainly see it. I have spent more and more every year even though I still have loads from the previous year. My Halloween spead gets bigger, broader, deeper, and more extravagant every year. I also go with the full October celebration so there's the possibility of rotating displays every week if I collect too much stuff.

The problem is storing it. I might need to buy a big Pumpkin shed. :)