Any creepy topic that doesn't fit the categories below.
By paddy_babe
I might have to try the scary movie thing, seems a lot of minions out there are doing that and seeing the galleries and pics... hmmm

I dont listen to scary music, I listen to rnb, dance and kizomba etc, stuff that I usally listen to while cleaning!

first year carving with my partner though so probs while have headphones in so not to be distracted! :lol:
By matspud
I do all the gutting in the kitchen then store the kins in the garage til it is their turn. I usually just have the TV on but not something I really want to watch either that or I am passing on my limited knowledge to others I have managed to coerce into carving that year :D :D
By paddy_babe
I sat crossed legged on the dining room floor, gutted (into a bowl) and carved there... will need to find a new 'spot' in this new house. I'm thinking; gut in the kitchen, wash in the bathroom and carve on the living room floor.... will need to think ahead or that is a lot of getting up and down lol!
By SaneInsideInsanity
the reason i do my gutting in the dinning room is because then to wash i just go onto my patio and hose em down :D i normally store them in my basement before the carve so its not so long of a trudge
By punchi
Every year my husband's family has a carving party at his brother's house. That usually involves BBQ and beer for the grown ups, and sugary drinks for the kids. We all sit outside, listen to music and just chill. At home when I'm carving, I usually just sit on the couch with my punkin in my lap and watch (more like listen) to the TV. I do all my gutting at my brother in law's because he has an air compressor and a pneumatic drill so I don't have to worry about batteries. It is a beautiful thing.
By vibhandaka
I usually listen to music. I can't see the TV from where I carve. :( I normally gut outside so I don't get too messy in the house.
By monstermash
I put on scary films or listen to music. It helps me to concentrate if there is background noise. I tend to learn big chunks of film script by having films on while doing something else.
By paddy_babe
so your the go-2-guy for quotes :D

I cant really follow stuff on the tv without looking at it (unless its quite loud) because I'm so used to watching tv with subtitles.
By SuperSonic
i gut in the kitchen and carve n the kitchen
By monstermash
Paddy_babe, well the go-to-girl anyway. I find myself doing something else while there is a film on so i suppose subconsciously im remembering scripts. It tends to pee everyone off though if im watching and reciting at the same time. Im watching Fight Club as i type.
"F*ck off with your sofa units and strine green stripe patterns, I say never be complete, I say stop being perfect, I say let... lets evolve, let the chips fall where they may." Sad eh?!?!
By 2manyferrets
If Im carving a fake kin, Im outside jammin to music and maybe havin a beer. If im carving a real kin Im inside sitting here at my desk on the forums and watchin tv.... :lol:
By paddy_babe
monstermash wrote:Paddy_babe, well the go-to-girl anyway. I find myself doing something else while there is a film on so i suppose subconsciously im remembering scripts. It tends to pee everyone off though if im watching and reciting at the same time. Im watching Fight Club as i type.
"F*ck off with your sofa units and strine green stripe patterns, I say never be complete, I say stop being perfect, I say let... lets evolve, let the chips fall where they may." Sad eh?!?!
I knew you were a girl lol (from a diff thread) just thought the saying was go-to-guy lol (sowie if I offended :) ) and its not sad, its cool :D bet your great at movie quizes!

lotta people saying they carve outside... do you think I'd get weird looks if I took the lil one to the park (with a friend, extra set of eyes and all) and carved there?

(although thinking about it, someone sitting on a kids playground with little saws might mean old bill being called lol!)
By Batgirl
Every year I make a carving CD. This one is always different from my Halloween CD that I give out to family and close friends. This CD has more atmospheric music, and more themes/scores. That way I can zone out and let the artistic vibe flow.

So I go out on the back porch with my dog, ipod, carving cd, and a huge glass of iced tea and go to town.
By monstermash
I dont know PB, you might get some dodgy looks from the kids at the park!! Im not sure about the laws on carrying sharp objects around childrens play areas either lol. Do you have a garden you could carve in? mind you its probs alot chillier here than in the US this time of year so im staying indoors.