Any creepy topic that doesn't fit the categories below.
By Agent 00666
I'm 24 and if I could get away with it, I'd still go trick or treating. Not so much that I like candy, but that I love getting dressed up and all that. The last few years it's been kinda sucky cuz I haven't had any awesome Halloween plans that involve costumes. (Though this year, I've got 2 different ones for different evens so I'm happy)

And I don't give out candy. Not that I wouldn't, just that I won't be home on Haloween ngiht, live on my own and woulnd't get many kids anyways. (A couple years back, when I had roommates, we bought all this candy and sat around waiting for kids, getting all excited. We got ONE. It was distressing.)

The no costume thing is lame though. As I already said, that's the best part of Halloween!
By Joey
I'm all for giving candy to the teens in costumes. Seeing as I am one of those teens in costumes. The costume is a must though. Tonight on my last run I ran into a group of four guys probably about 16 or 17 just in jeans and t-shirts who were running around trying to get candy. They were the type who took the entire bowl if there was one left out, though they weren't mean or anything. But if I were giving out candy, I wouldn't give it to them. It was fun enough seeing their faces when I got more candy from people because I was in full costume.
By Niceworkbonedaddy
at my house last night my mom made crazy goodie bags with tons of candy in them and we got 4 trick or treaters and they were the late teen kids with no custume i made those suckers sing for there candy .. you want candy from me and you made no effort you are darn well gonna earn your bag of treats and then they are like can we get another for our friend who was too lazy to walk up your huge driveway ..i was like no he can walk his lazy butt up here and sing
By sodajazz
i made those suckers sing for there candy
ha what did they sing :?:
would have loved to have seen that one :lol:
By Niceworkbonedaddy
i had an interesting version of mary had a little lamb and twinkle twinkle little star ...so they earned the candy :lol:
By Tkaraoke
Talk about bringing a thread back from the dead!!!

OMG! What a great idea! I work for a karaoke/dj company here in KC and maybe I can convince my boss to let me use one of our small systems and hook it up in the drveway and make the kids SING for bags of treats! Make up a sign that says, "SCARRY-OKE TONIGHT".

While waiting for T-or-T to arrive, I can play spooky noises and Holloween themed songs like Monster Mash and The Time Warp.
By GUS
Like the idea of making em sing! ..that should knock the swagger out of them.

We have it every year with up the usual gang of 15 year olds., Asking them what the hell they're meant to be, then pointing out you put more effort into it than they ever could shuts em up pretty well, but mostly its a bunch of kids who've come out into the cold & to look at the better decorated houses & chance it.

IF they're old & wearing the cruddiest of masks on their head & not even their face (leader of the group usually) you pick on him & make him put it on & do the whole thing properly simple as that then drop in the merest morsel compared to anyone else to prove a point (maybe say it's not compulsory kiddo)

That said, I may go & do a bit if i get the opportunity with my daughter in which case I'll blooming well deserve as much candy as the next costumed person as they'll appreciate the effort (surely) when you look at some of the half ass efforts by teens & others.
If I'm walking my daughter then I should make the effort as it used to be about everyone getting involved & warding off the spooks, it's merely in recent times its become "for the kids"
By CorpseBride
Thats what I do!! If you don't have a costume you sing for me....or else no candy! It has always been my rule. I get some really cute kids that hear I am the singing place and even if they are in costume they still sing for me...makes me giggle.

Last year my neighbours kids put on a mini show for me doing the Addams family jingle complete with scary dance moves! It was so friggin cute.....safe to say they got extra candy.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Just showing up with no costume and holding out a bag like I owe you something isn't too cool. So I like that singing idea. Hey, you're getting free candy... you should give me something in return. Show me a cool costume, sing, dance... or at least say "Nice pumpkins!"
By GUS
off topic but in the same vein!

Years back when people came over interrupting my work needing favours they'd have to sing in the style of aging rockers "Status Quo" whilst strumming air guitar their request had to be to the quo tune of their choice... (of which there were many)

I hate the Quo, but it always cracked me up!

feel free to try it with a straight face to your colleagues / workmates.
By S.A.M
It's not so bad around these parts it's usually just the little kids that trick or treat as the teenagers wouldn't want to be seen dead asking for sweeties at the door so I don't think I've had anyone trick or treat and not be dressed up. Sometimes the parent/guardian has to remind the little one to say trick or treat otherwise I'll just give them the silence treatment..haha Usually you get gasps of Ooohh look at the pumpkins as they come down the path and I'm usually greeted with "love your pumpkins mister, are they real?" upon answering the door and they will get a few more sweets for inflating my ego lol.

More importantly what do you do if you run out of treats? I've resorted to robbing the penny jar and giving the kids 10 or 20 pence in small change and even packets of crisps from the multi-packs, most likely flavours I don't like :lol: At the end of the night I feel ike my house has been raided..."trick or treat" cripes I haven't got anything left...erm..erm here take this tin of spooky baked beans..Oooo :lol:
By Kittie
I give it to everyone. Even those without costumes. . although I do try to pick on them a bit about it.
By stormqueen29
I don't get too many of the teens without costumes. The ones that do show up get nothing but a promise they'll get candy when they have a costume I like.

Note I said "That I like". Mostly they just go away grumbling at me, but one year I did have an older boy, probably around 15 or 16, who ran all the way home, stole one of his mothers designer sheets, cut holes in it for eyes and came back wanting candy. I had to give him some, I'd hate to think what his mom must have done to him when she saw the sheet!

People around here are notoriously generous with candy and stuff, one guy got tired of buying candy, so he gives the kids all a little taped bundle with 6 quarters in it. He says they can buy their own candybar that way.

The nicest little old lady who lives three streets over always gives out full sized candy bars to everyone. Two years ago, my kids and I were the last ones arund because it had been raining, and she smiled at us and then just dumped her entire bowl into my daughters pillowcase. "I'm going to bed, so you get all my leftovers" is what she told them. I was floored. I got home and there were like 35 candy bars in her bag!

I solved the problem of arguing over who got the best candy by dumping the contents of all three bags into a small trash can and then they each get a handful once a day until it's gone.

Gale