Any creepy topic that doesn't fit the categories below.
By joeincogento
I must have had at least twelve kids dressed as Venom come trick-or-treating last night, and now that I think about it, none of them were wearing masks. What's up with that? Anybody else run into repetitive costumes last night? 8)
By arcane_reaper
i love venom, but he is only cool with his face (sharp teeth!)
By joeincogento
Yeah, the teeth. Loved the way Larson used to draw him. That'd make a pretty good stencil for next year.
By Tkaraoke
I had three Spidermen! I was so wishing I would have done JP's Venom pattern for them. Too many patterns and not enough time to do them in.
By jen d.
Not so much trick or treaters, but I've been to about 4 different Halloween parties this week and there has been an abundance of Rainbow Brite costumes this year. Like she was going out of style or something. *shrug*
By joeincogento
He's easier to draw, yeah. But I never really cared for the character. He had a great look, yeah, ...but MARVEL overexposed him like they did all their big characters. He was in just about every Marvel book (including Power Pack), had his own mini-series, and faded out of my consciousnes as someone to be reckoned with. :x
By joeincogento
Never really cared for Carnage until his apperance in the Avengers storyline where they're having the big prison break. That's the way a character like him should be drawn. Scary! Not familiar with Toxin, is he a Spidey villain too?
By arcane_reaper
joeincogento wrote:Never really cared for Carnage until his apperance in the Avengers storyline where they're having the big prison break. That's the way a character like him should be drawn. Scary! Not familiar with Toxin, is he a Spidey villain too?
nope toxin is a good guy who almost turns bad but he sides with spidey to fight off carnage and vanom. the symbiot made an agreement that at night the symbiot would have two hours of fun but no homicides.
By Tkaraoke
Sometimes you can find useful information on the web:

http://www.marvel.com/universe/Toxin

I never knew that Toxin existed until he was mentioned in this thread. I think I stopped following comics after I read Neil Gaiman's SANDMAN series and never looked back at super hero comics again. I think I left those comics during the INFINITY GAUNTLET crossover crap. That was enough for me....
By arcane_reaper
Tkaraoke wrote:Sometimes you can find useful information on the web:

http://www.marvel.com/universe/Toxin

I never knew that Toxin existed until he was mentioned in this thread. I think I stopped following comics after I read Neil Gaiman's SANDMAN series and never looked back at super hero comics again. I think I left those comics during the INFINITY GAUNTLET crossover crap. That was enough for me....
thanks for the link, bin looking for one to post. you beat me!

i personally like all of the venom related characters
By joeincogento
I think I stopped following comics after I read Neil Gaiman's SANDMAN series and never looked back at super hero comics again.
Yeah, Neil Gaiman's Sandman was really tremendous, but if you've given up on superheroes, you've really missed out on a lot. J.M. Strazinsky of Babylon 5 fame had a really good book out called Rising Stars a few years back, and recently had a great run on Fantastic Four. Brian Michael Bendis took a cop's-eye view of superheroes and villains in his book Powers. Kurt Busiek took the average person's view of heroes in his Rising Stars series. Other "real writers" such as Greg Rucka and Brad Meltzer have also done some great stuff in the DC Universe. Even Gaiman returned to the genre with an alternative Marvel Universe storyline called 1602 and an Eternals mini-series (Which really wasn't that good). There's still a lot of crap out there, but there's still plenty of good stuff to be found. You just have to have the tenacity, like the guy who wades through the dumpster by my shop, to look for the good stuff. :)
By Nikki
We had a few Powerpuff girls.. which 1, That cartoon is so old. 2. I didn't even know they still had those costumes around! Haha.. we only had 13 kids though..
By joeincogento
Powerpuff Girlls still rule :!: I don't care how old it is or how long it's been since there's been new episodes; THAT SHOW ROCKS! I think I'll be Mojo JoJo next year :!: