Any creepy topic that doesn't fit the categories below.
By sodajazz
OHH thought I'd share ...long story short.... Jay Ball was contacted from a lady in Manchester UK looking for pumpkin carvers ?? So I got to contact her to offer my services, because it's nearish to me :D
Just waiting on the finer details from her, if it all goes to plan I shall be carving next saturday (oct 27)

I'll be sure to promote this site and take a few of the new stencils to carve :D
By GUS
check your PM's sodajazz...
By sodajazz
Well I did it, I turned up in store and carved away, I made a dark box to put lit kins in just so they could see the full effects, got great responces one lady even said they were 'phenomenal'. My hands are sore and my poor poor thumb has suffered horribly there are several cuts on it, beware the paper. I use sharp tools, knives, saws and pins, and it's the paper that got me :oops: :D
By Tkaraoke
sodajazz wrote:I use sharp tools, knives, saws and pins, and it's the paper that got me :oops: :D
It's the only you least suspect that always gets you in the end! :D

Glad to hear you got some great responses from the crowd. It's always nice to have someone appreciate the effort you put into making your carvings.
By Kittie
What did you use to make the box? I need to do one for my demonstration for next year. I didn't have time to make a box for the one this year.,
By sodajazz
I used a huge cardboard box then covered it inside and out with black material, it worked well :D

It was suggested that i made a wooden box then line it with black felt but I just didn't have the time :(
By Tkaraoke
I think it would be awesome to make some kind of display case for your prized Fakie in the style of a dark box to show it off all year around...or at least placed somewhere in the house where people wouldn't see it. You don't want to act like an obsessed, crazy pumpkin carver.

BTW: Nothing wrong with that but it's always best to keep that under wraps unless you are in the company of obsessed, crazy carvers!
:lol: