Any creepy topic that doesn't fit the categories below.
By Jack
a fiew sicoes ruin it for the rest of us.
By Jack
One thing that realy gets my Goat is these people who want to ban Halloween downgrade selebrations in school and fine people who decorating their houses,verry touchy subject with me and I am doing my best to refrain from using inapropriate language about the subject,but these people make me sick halloween is a fun time if they don't want to partisipate ,so be it but don't try and ruin my fun
By Nikki
They want to ban Halloween? I haven't heard of this over on my side of the U.S. Are they actually trying to do that Canada? That's crazy. It's been a celebration for hundreds of years! It doesn't even stand for devil worship. By rights, it's the pagan new year.
It's also when the supernatural/under world's barrier is the thinnest. Easier communications. I guess they mistake this for Satanic practices and evil doings. *sigh* Time does corrode history. I sometimes feel like our history is nothing but a game of 'Telephone'..It all gets changed from person-to-person.

Forgive my tone here, but damn right-winged closed-minds! Indeed a few sickos DO ruin it for the rest of us! I remember back in the day- we'd have people sitting on porches with dry ice in pots for smoke effect and them reaching in and grabbing you a homemade snack! Luckily, sickos haven't been in my area..or things haven't happened. But you know how people are. :roll:
By Jack
remember who it was who burned the poor witches at the stakes I have a great great aunt who was one of them. a witch, family tree's are amazing
By Dragon
The witch trials at Salem, Massachusetts?
By Nikki
Oh wow which one were you related to? Indeed I do remember who it was that burnt the witches... :x

Not my religion ;)
By Jack
My mother did the reserch on our family tree I will have to see if she remembers.Not my religon eather but a verry cool rerligon.
By Nikki
Haha no you mistake me. I was refferrring to the people who killed the witches meaning what they are isn't religion 'Quaker, Christian, etc'' :P

They deffinitely would have burned me...
By Jessi
We handed out potatos one year. It was so funny. We gave them some "real" candy, too, but it was hilarious to see the kids' face when that potato plunked into their bag. They would leave my porch and fish in the bag to make sure it was really a potato. They looked so puzzled.

When you say "trick-or-treat," don't always expect a treat, kid.

We may hand out 6-packs this year a-la The Coneheads. Just kidding. "Mass quantities." Sweet.
By Nikki
Haha That is great man. Like in the Simpsons how Flanders was handing out Apples! :lol:
By Dragon
Didn't they say it turned out to be a big joke by the little girls? Most of them had confessed that it wasn't true? Man, It's been forever since I've heard about the witch trials.
By Nikki
Yeah.. the play The Crucible showed that. Good old Abbygaile... I think that was her name. The head girl. The girls ..in the plaY were in the forest dancing with tituba (slave) and having fun and were naked and such and a father of one of the girls saw this but they ran in time....the next morning Abbygails younger sister "Emily or Sarah?" wouldn't talk..was shopwing signs of a 'mysterious illness'....And the girls blamed it on witchcraft...and the rest was history. Abbygaile having affairs with townsmen...wives hated her...and her friends were afraid of her turning on them so they went along with the crowd....If one of the girls didnt like someone 'She's a witch!' and then there's the factor that they wanted attention.

Very good play. Sad but good...It happened in other places besides Salem...
By GeologySage
Like in the Simpsons how Flanders was handing out Apples! Laughing
Where I used to trick or treat (darn me for being old now!) an old lady used to give out little red apples. There was also another old lady that made and gave out popcorn balls. They were mighty tastey.

A homemade popcorn ball and an apple aint bad when every single house on the street gave out candy and you'd have to stop back home once or twice to drop off bags of candy. Having a good variety is just as important as quantity.

I'm lucky I guess, surprising that many of you have mentioned not so good pickings in your area.

How about giving? What do you give out?

If I'm at my grandparents (the place with the good gettins) we give out 2 tootsie pops and 2 tootie rolls to each kid, if I'm at home (very few kids) we give out 3 of those snack candybars (milky way, snickers, 3 musketeers etc) to each. It's a science I tells ya...
By sodajazz
i might be mean this year and hand out cheapy naff chocolate :twisted: because that way the kids only call once, and dont keep coming back..... :?

makes me sound really grinchy that, but were i live not many people join in with halloween :cry: so the kids do a route of the same houses
in little groups... after about 2 constant hours you find yourself going mad :roll: thinking i'm sure ive seen them before :?:

i stop opening my door about 9:30pm...... after all by that time i am tired due to the nity tenty hundred pumpkins i have carved, that they so rightly keep telling me are cool :D
By Jack
because I hand out full size chocolate bars I would get repeat customers so I went to the doolar store and bought a ink pad and halloween stamp most of the kids think its cool and only a couple parents didn't want the ink on their kids hands.it works well and the kids think its cool till they try and come back.