Any creepy topic that doesn't fit the categories below.
By Jack
Nikki wrote:Oh wow which one were you related to? Indeed I do remember who it was that burnt the witches... :x

Not my religion ;)

My apologies,I missunderstood,I know a couple of ladies who share in the religeon.

with all the menonites and pensilvania dutch who live around here they must keep a low profile.
thomushenry liked this
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Haha, stamping their hands! :lol: That's a great idea. Do you have some nifty Halloween themed stamp?
By Nikki
Jack wrote:because I hand out full size chocolate bars I would get repeat customers so I went to the doolar store and bought a ink pad and halloween stamp most of the kids think its cool and only a couple parents didn't want the ink on their kids hands.it works well and the kids think its cool till they try and come back.
That's some good pest control!

Normally for Halloween we have large bowls put aside inside with varieties of candies and alternate between: Milky Ways, Snickers, Caramel Apple pops, and Musketeers...
I myself loved getting Reese's when I trick or treated Haha
By Dragon
I remember thinking that I had to go back and egg the houses that gave me black jelly beans in those small plastic bags. That was the most disgusting candy I ever tried.

Oh, but I never did egg any houses. Honest! :lol:
By Jack
ZombiePumpkins wrote:Haha, stamping their hands! :lol: That's a great idea. Do you have some nifty Halloween themed stamp?
Last year i found a pumpkin stamp but I realy haven't looked for any others.
By Nikki
Dragon wrote:I remember thinking that I had to go back and egg the houses that gave me black jelly beans in those small plastic bags. That was the most disgusting candy I ever tried.

Oh, but I never did egg any houses. Honest! :lol:
You're kidding! I freakin' love black licorice jelly beans! :oops: :lol:
By Dragon
Really? I would've traded with you. No one else wanted them. :D
By Jack
Used to love black licorice,and black jellybeans but I had a bad date with a bottle of zambooka and can no longer stumoch the taste or even the smell of black licorice :wink:
By sodajazz
the old dears near me give out fruit.. its much healthier you would swear it was poison the way the kids go on :P
By mesmark
Sodajazz, how big is Halloween in the U.K.?

Do you have a lot of trick or treaters?

Is Halloween killing Guy Fawkes Day?

Remember, you speak for all of England.
By sodajazz
how big is Halloween in the U.K.?
Do you have a lot of trick or treaters?
Is Halloween killing Guy Fawkes Day?
getting bigger... over the years you can see it growing :D

too many sometimes... some are great others take advantage and go overboard ticking :oops:

guy fawkes.... havent heard it called that for a while... think its just turned into firework night noone by me bothers making guys any more and fire brigade put all non display bonfires..... so if you have a street party with fire...... fire brigade have to put it out ..... so noone builds them any more :roll:

and again england pail with their firework displays.... went to usa a few years back omg they know fireworks :D
By Dans banana Loafcake
Guy faulks night, its only on the tv now :( . When I was a kid, my friends dad (who was a history teacher) told us that secretly burning a guy was a coded symbol for being anti catholic! Werid he said they used to burn efergies of the pope and say it was guyfaulks in the years that followed the gun powder plot! Yikes! Mind you now things are different ( thankfuly) and your right Halloween is getting bigger. I still find myself very envious of everyone state side as they all have these wonderful carving parties! I have this year managed to round up some troops to help with the carving as 18 isn't a number I can do on my own. Cos my dads been ill my Halloween party is in two weeks time but that just means that I have two solid weeks of Halloween!! Sweet!

Dan
By Dragon
I never heard of Guy Fawkes night. What is that all about?
By Dans banana Loafcake
I'd be supprised if you did if your American. Its a celebration of the fact that about 350 years ago there was a foiled plot to blow up the Houses of Parliment in England. There was something like 300 barrels of gunpowder under the buildings and the guards found a man with a fuse ready to light it, his name was Guy Faulks. They execututed him and every year since they have a party on november the 5th and you throw a straw or newspaper made guy faulks on a bonfire.... bit sick really. He wasn't actually the master mind behind it, it was a man named Robert Katesbey. They also have firework, which in this country equates to no bigger than party poppers! The Health and saftey and Political Correct sqad have seen to that. Although the Dwalli festival is getting bigger here, the festival of light. I forget which religion it is now, Sikh maybe but they seem to have better fireworks for some reason!

Dan
By sodajazz
I think the symbolism of guy fawkes is lost now because people have moved away from bonfires, and are really only interested in firework displays 8)