Any creepy topic that doesn't fit the categories below.
I copied Ryan's text from a few years ago, so hopefully all is still relevant:

How it works: The idea is to send a variety of small Halloween/autumn gifts (for a set dollar amount) to your randomly assigned partner, who will also be mailing you a package of surprise treats. Those interested will privately send their questionnaire answers to the organizer (me) who will assign the matches.

What gifts to give: Be creative! Our members live all over the world and it's so much fun to see the variety of items. Halloween decorations, household items, candy, toys, books, artwork, even handmade gifts. Remember if you don't have a plethora of Halloween stuff to send, you can do fall or autumn themed as well.

Spending amount: Around $20 USD in value. It's best to consider that the general target (rather than a "maximum" or "minimum"). To keep it feeling fair, we wouldn't want anyone going wildly above or below.

Sign up deadline: Those who want to participate should PM their questionnaire answers by September 24, 2020. Shortly after that I will randomly match people, and privately notify everyone with the details about their swap partner.

Shipping deadline: We should aim to have gift packages mailed out by October 8, 2020. This will allow for international swappers to receive and enjoy their goodies during the final week of October.

Questionnaire: Send me a PM with your answers to these questions, to lock in your participation.
Your full name
Your mailing address
Do you have any allergies? (some people like to add edible treats, candy)
Are you willing to ship internationally? (keep in mind, the cost of international postage and fees can add up)
Did you participate in our gift swap in previous years? If so, do you recall who your partner was?

Disclaimer: Everyone's creativity, schedule, budget and access to Halloween items will vary. So I encourage all participants to sign up with modest expectations, but the best of intentions.

Those interested in participating so far:
  • Staticfurball
  • Donna Destruction
  • Amandap80
  • mesmark
  • purple1worm
  • lala
  • BrookR1
I don't mind shipping Internationl since I don't think we gave an abundance of Canadian members who do swap...and obe of them is my sister lol. Canadian shipping is insane however so would try to keep items on the lighter side. Not less expensive but only in terms of item weight. Any canadian knows Canada post really reams ya.
The list is now up to:
  • amandap80
    zombombie
    purple1worm
    Donna Destruction
    BrookR1
    lala
    mesmark
    chewy
I'll give it thru today to see if anymore are interested, then send you your swap partners ASAP! :jack_o_lantern:
staticfurball wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:00 am
You forgot me!
Questionnaire: Send me a PM with your answers to these questions, to lock in your participation.
Your full name
Your mailing address
Do you have any allergies? (some people like to add edible treats, candy)
Are you willing to ship internationally? (keep in mind, the cost of international postage and fees can add up)
Did you participate in our gift swap in previous years? If so, do you recall who your partner was?

Send me a PM with the questionnaire and you are in!
The list is now
  • amandap80
  • zombombie
  • purple1worm
  • Donna Destruction
  • BrookR1
  • lala
  • mesmark
  • chewy
  • staticfurball
What happens if we have an odd number of people??
if odd, ask for a volunteer to send two packages, if there isnt one, then last one in gets the boot... I just put my name in yesterday, assuming its me, id be ok with that.
Chewy an option would be to not set up partners but assign everyone a name. Kinda like everyone pass too the left sorts deal.....?
staticfurball wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:04 pm
Chewy an option would be to not set up partners but assign everyone a name. Kinda like everyone pass too the left sorts deal.....?
I love that idea! I will leave the swap entry open the rest of the day in case anyone else wants to join in.