Any creepy topic that doesn't fit the categories below.
By SuperSonic
Hey guys. It literally just occured to me. That I've been using Zombie Pumpkins! for 10 years now. Night was the first year I joined. And you guessed it. 2008.

Man. I SERIOUSLY CANNOT WAIT FOR THIS YEAR TO GET STARTED NOW!!!
2006 was my first year here & had a different username then; The Signalman in reference to one of my favourite ghost stories by Charles Dickens but came back as S.A.M the following year :grin: It's scary how time flies isn't it? I remember finding this place looking for a Super Mario pumpkin pattern and for some reason I was really quite against printing patterns at home, probably printer ink prices :lol: In fact I may have just bought that one pattern back then...not sure.
SuperSonic liked this
I started carving pumpkin patterns in 2004, and found Zombie Pumpkins that year. In 2005, I sent Ryan an embarrassing email where I told him how much I enjoyed carving his pattern and really loved how the pumpkin came out (it wasn't actually his pattern AND I referenced it by name, so he definitely knew I was talking about another person's work.)

I got a very nice email back and we've been eFriends ever since. (And I have only cheated on Ryan a couple times - with St0ney - since then.)

And when the forums started in 2005, I was one of the first to join ... Maybe like 20th.

So, to sum up, year 14 on the forums.
SuperSonic, amandap80 liked this
I first stumbled upon the site I believe on October 30 or 31st of 2012 when I found the Michael Myers pattern. I bought the lowest level so I could print the pattern and one other one. After seeing how awesome the pumpkin came out, I was hooked.

That next summer I joined the boards and saw how incredible everyone's carves came out and that was the end of it. I believe that year I carved around 13 pumpkins, 2014 we did 28, 2015 was 32, 2016 we knocked out 46, and last year we managed 51. I'd like to do between 55 and 60 this year, but with all of the rain and crappy weather we had, it's going to be more of a challenge to find enough good pumpkins. As of right now I have 26 that I plan to carve, so I'm almost half way there. Good luck to everyone this year!
SuperSonic liked this
I've been here since the end of Dawn. I was just doing a random Google search and found this site with all these cool pumpkin patterns.
By Beast75
How time flies :pale: :pale: im 9 years on the forum but i was using pattern for at least a year or two before that if my memory serves. I was looking for a jack skeleton pattern and google sent me here and thats where i have stayed. I wonder if Ryan has a tool that tells when our first pattern was printed and which it was?? mine was certainly Jacks smile face.
So many of you have been here for around a decade. That's incredible, what history we have together.
mesmark wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:43 am
In 2005, I sent Ryan an embarrassing email where I told him how much I enjoyed carving his pattern and really loved how the pumpkin came out (it wasn't actually his pattern AND I referenced it by name, so he definitely knew I was talking about another person's work.)
Ha! I don't really remember that. Maybe I blocked the bad memory our of my mind. :razz: Or maybe it happens often, so I'm used to it. If someone asks for a pattern that I know was made by someone else, I'll politely set them straight (especially if they insist "I knew you used to have this pattern!"). But if someone shows me photos of someone else's designs and says they love my site, I just smile and say thanks. :smile:
mesmark wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:43 am
And when the forums started in 2005, I was one of the first to join ... Maybe like 20th.
According to the forum Member List, you were the 40th member (out of 1,594 total current members). Granted, a handful of the members before you were friends helping me test out the forum, and a few people who joined but barely stuck around. You've definitely been here since the beginning, and one of only a few from that far back that are still active here.
matspud wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:08 pm
I can't remember when I first started using Goatee Style patterns. I am a preZP! pattern junkie :grin:
Well then you have certain been with my on this entire journey then! I carved my own original pattern in 2000 and designed a few more originals in 2001 (I think I shared a few of them online). But it wasn't until 2002 that I decided to offer up a whole collection on a dedicated pumpkin pattern website. That's when the seed really took root. 16 years ago!
Beast75 wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:12 am
I wonder if Ryan has a tool that tells when our first pattern was printed and which it was??
Ooh, I can look that up actually. Let me start a new topic, where I'll answer your question....
What was the first pattern you printed? (I can tell you)