Any creepy topic that doesn't fit the categories below.
By Lala
With the planning of the Freakshow birthday, going to a Zombie walk that has a theme "Dark Carnival" and planning a Circus themed photo shoot for my business

EVERY SINGLE PERSON I KNOW - "I'll come if there are no clowns"

uhhhh. Yes, I saw IT too, when I was a child. Yes, Pennywise was scary, when I was 11, but it certainly didn't make me scared of clowns. I keep saying to them "ONLY SCARY CLOWNS ARE SCARY!!!"

I'm not a huge fan of scary clown decor/costumes for Halloween, but only because I love real clowns SO much - I almost went to Clown College after High School

So, my friends - Are YOU afraid of clowns?
I think I was a little scared of clowns when I was very small. Maybe not filled with a sense of horror, but I was at least shy around anyone in a costume. Maybe this is why I like to dress in Halloween costumes now... turn the tables and freak out the next generation of kiddies.

Anyway, back to clowns... I don't think they are scary by nature. I'd come to a clown party with no fear. I suppose there's something brewing under that white greasepaint though. You can't help but associate some emotion with clowns. Legit clowns aim for humor, but some are sad hobo clowns... or magical trickster clowns... or daredevil rodeo clowns... and yes, the pure evil clown. To me those are the most "fun." :twisted:
I don't remember being afraid of clowns when I was younger. I know now I'm not, but believe I have friends who are. I plan on doing a circus theme for this years Trick-Or-Treat. I plan on dressing up as a creepy clown.

I know some people will be freaked out by this. However it is not all my/other clowns faults. It all goes down to psychology. The main reason some people are afraid of clowns is that their expression doesn't change. They have this fixed giant smile, frown, or neutral on their faces and our minds get confused. This happens for dolls, dummies, and other almost human figures.

For more on this watch this video:

Now I have a question for Ryan. How many people were put off when you did the Demetia The Clown costume years back?
Raven wrote:I'm not afraid of people dressed up as clowns, but I will not have any kind of clown doll in my house. I blame Poltergeist for that.
yes, that doll is the worst! On our honeymoon, we ate at Planet Hollywood in Vegas...sitting RIGHT NEXT to that clown doll from poltergeist! eeeek :pale:
**Sigh** I am not a fan of clowns... AT ALL... It's kind of weird because I love love love Halloween, and scary movies, and monsters, and all things spook-tacular, but when it comes to clowns you are talking about a whole other level of sadistic evil that I can not comprehend! I refused to even take my daughters to the circus because I didn't want to see clowns. Daddy stayed home that night! Even talking about clowns gives me chills.... Can we change the subject now?.........Volcanoes, huh? Now there's a violent igneous rock formation!
I am honestly TERRIFIED of clowns. Not completely sure why. Maybe because I watch IT with my dad at like age 4? But I cannot be around them. My heart basically stops if I notice a clown anywhere near me. And forget it if I see a scary one at Halloween time. I'm just done. There's a whole section for a haunted circus at Phantom Fight Nights every year. Needless to say, I don't go anywhere near it... :?
I watched IT when I was 12 for the first time. And honestly, I don't see why fear is an actual thing. Not just of clowns, but phobias in general. However, when I watched Halloween (1979) for the first time a year later, I chugged a 2L Naya bottle from the sheer amount of terror. Plus I was also really thirsty :lol:

However, the new IT won't be the same without Tim Curry's amazing performance. It just won't feel the same.
when I was younger I decided to help my brother with his fear of clowns (this was after Mum took us to the circus for his Birthday and Bobo the Clown vaulted the ring and came face to face with Dylan to give him a Birthday card, I found it HILARIOUS! but Dyl got worse after that :P )
so anyways Mum popped to the shops and I decided to dress up as a clown (make up and purple wig) then take off the clown stuff in front of him and show him "hey its ok, it was your sister underneath... nothing to fear about clowns, they're just people dressing up!"

Well I was doing the makeup (white face, red nose, rosy cheeks) and I got a little carried away... I did blood coming down my chin, black mascara smeared down my eyes, green veins the lot. I then got a fake knife, hid in the living room and jumped out at him..... I think I lost the point of the whole activity while dressing up and needless to say I *may* have made it worse :lol: I'm now 25 and he still brings it up!
sadly i am afraid of clowns and mimes but i was also the kid that couldn't go to disney land because i would beat up goofy (guys in those full body costumes like that freak me out). but i think my fear comes from the fact that i can't identify their features under the costume