Any creepy topic that doesn't fit the categories below.
By SuperSonic
As I'm sure people are or are not aware, Pokemon X and Y released recently back in October 2013. To go with this release, came two new Ghost type Pokemon. One of them is very fitting to this site my fellow Minions!

May I introduce, Gourgeist and Pumpkaboo!

Pumpkaboo evolves into Gourgeist, the Pumpkin Pokemon! One could also give it the nickname Zombie Pumpkin...or at least one of the Mascot names! The type of this Pokemon is Grass and Ghost type. This Pokemon learns a move by the name of Trick-or-Treat. How cool is that?! The move when used adds the Ghost type to the target of the move (for example a Squirtle would now be Water and Ghost).

The other one I felt was obviously worth showing was....

Phantump (left) and Trevenant (right)

Sharing the same typing as Gourgeist (and a similar move), this Pokemon is a tree! A zombie tree that is! This Pokemon has a move called Forest's Curse, which like Gourgeist/Pumpkaboo adds a Grass typing rather than Ghost. I also felt it would be kind of cool to post their Pokedex entries for both games (they do vary).

Pumpkaboo #710

The pumpkin body is inhabited by a spirit trapped in this world. As the sun sets, it becomes restless and active. It is said to carry wandering spirits to the place where they belong so they can move on.

Gourgeist #711

Singing in eerie voices, they wander town streets on the night of the new moon. Anyone who hears their song is cursed. It en-wraps its prey in its hairlike arms. It sings joyfully as it observes the suffering of its prey.

Phantump #708

These Pokémon are created when spirits possess rotten tree stumps. They prefer to live in abandoned forests. According to old tales, these Pokémon are stumps possessed by the spirits of children who died while lost in the forest.

Trevenant #709

It can control trees at will. It will trap people who harm the forest, so they can never leave. Using its roots as a nervous system, it controls the trees in the forest. It's kind to the Pokémon that reside in its body.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
SuperSonic, you're the right guy to keep us informed on Pokemon. What took them so long to add new creatures with Halloween themes?! Hehe. That's very cool though, zombie plants are up my alley. Especially appropriate is that pumpkin one. Can't decide which form I like the looks of better, both are cool. Great names too... Gourgeist and Pumpkaboo. And with Halloween themed magical moves to boot. :thumbsup:
By SuperSonic
Zombie Pumpkins! wrote:SuperSonic, you're the right guy to keep us informed on Pokemon. What took them so long to add new creatures with Halloween themes?! Hehe. That's very cool though, zombie plants are up my alley. Especially appropriate is that pumpkin one. Can't decide which form I like the looks of better, both are cool. Great names too... Gourgeist and Pumpkaboo. And with Halloween themed magical moves to boot. :thumbsup:

Haha, I do feel like its the right thing to say at the very least! Gourgeist and Pumpkaboo.. boy do I agree its a tough choice, which is why I have one of each in the games :P :twisted:

To be honest I don't know what took so long, and there has been a Ghost type in the games since the first Generation (see below). The first one is by far the one most recognizable, Gengar. He also carries a nickname in the games. "Casper the UN friendly Ghost". There are several to mention, but I will note the ones most meaningful in the series.

Gengar. Ghost/Poison

Gengar has always been a force to be reckoned with, but much is to say that I won't nerd out here. Gengar has a unique look, much like a traditional poltergeist. His speed is nearly un matched, and with a new game mechanic by the name of Mega Evolution becomes even scarier of a foe.

Mega Gengar

I will note two more that have the spooky vibe! Delightfully spooky Pokemon indeed! :twisted:

Chandelure Ghost/Fire

Now who doesn't think that a chandelier possessed by a ghost isn't amazing!! One of the best designs no doubt. Ghost type Pokemon are an interesting type because like a couple other types, they are weak to themselves. To go further into detail would be bothering you all with the way it works in game. And as some really may/may not be interested I'll avoid crossing that line.

The last one worth mentioning, based on design alone.

Cofagrigus

Well, it isn't the first time Pokemon has instilled a creepy vibe into their game. This was one of the first noted to really encompass grave robbers. The Pokedex data will give you a better idea of what I mean.

#563 Cofagrigus:

It has been said that they swallow those who get too close and turn them into mummies. They like to eat gold nuggets. Grave robbers who mistake them for real coffins and get too close end up trapped inside their bodies.

Creepy isn't it? It can turn people into mummies! I loved Cofagrigus when I first saw it back in the last generation of Pokemon. And I still do :frank:

Well. That should be enough for now. Enjoy!!
By paddy_babe
I really need to catch up on Pokemon! The last one I played was HeartGold!! I think it would be cool to have these new pokemon with the older Ghost type pokemon (Haunter, Gastly, Gengar) as patterns displayed together! Mega Gengar looks cool! I wonder is Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire will have new ghost types *fingers crossed*