Any creepy topic that doesn't fit the categories below.
That seems so mild lol I can't remember if it was on this forum or somewhere else online, but I saw an article about a display here in the US that a guy did a driveway scene with a decapitated body under his garage door. Apparently neighbors had called police out of concern and horror. They told him he wasn't doing anything wrong and there was nothing they could do about the decorations.
This is the kind of thing that would make me want to put more stuff out! Some people get butt hurt over everything these days. Those same children that are getting upset by it are probably sitting in front of the t.v. right now playing Grand Theft Auto. I've seen much more gruesome displays at houses here.

It reminds me of this article that Nicky posted on Facebook.. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... treet.html
:? Seriously? I'd kill to have a display like that!!! The fact that Police are telling him to "tone it down" is a total waste of time and effort. Waste of tax payer money if you ask me.

I tell the parents that I'm all for the creepiness, but I wouldn't have such a intense display. However I wouldn't tone it down unless they were thinking of throwing me in the slammer. Either way, I think that the idea is ludicrous. :roll:
I don't know what kind of laws are in effect across the pond, but unless you live in a neighborhood with an HOA here you can pretty much decorate for whatever holiday as much as you want and no one can say diddly squat to make you change it. If I wanted to paint a skull and crossbones on the side of my house and raise a pirate flag from the roof, then by god I'm gonna do so, and I'd dare someone to try and TELL me to take it down. Plus, the fact that this guy does it for charity!!! Get a life people. If you don't wanna see it then look the other way! That simple! GAH., this stuff just grinds my gears. I guess some of the freaks come out before Haloween even gets here! Major butt hurt
chuckwagon wrote:I don't know what kind of laws are in effect across the pond, but unless you live in a neighborhood with an HOA here you can pretty much decorate for whatever holiday as much as you want and no one can say diddly squat to make you change it. If I wanted to paint a skull and crossbones on the side of my house and raise a pirate flag from the roof, then by god I'm gonna do so, and I'd dare someone to try and TELL me to take it down. Plus, the fact that this guy does it for charity!!! Get a life people. If you don't wanna see it then look the other way! That simple! GAH., this stuff just grinds my gears. I guess some of the freaks come out before Haloween even gets here! Major butt hurt
Neighbours complain over here if you paint your house the wrong shade of White or leave your bin too close to the road or if your hedge cuttings fall into their garden so anything extraordinary will no doubt anger someone. Their complaints are ridiculous when you read the actual news, murder, assault etc. These articles never focus on the positive side such as someone doing it for the benefit of the community just always on the negative.

Raven - That's class. I hope he takes them down and takes up taxidermy instead but isn't very good at it
so that he has botched attempts at stuffing animals on his lawn and all over his house instead!

Matspud - I think we can assume it to be in the news a fair bit over the coming days. Maybe his neighbours will realise how ridiculous they have been but I doubt it.