Any creepy topic that doesn't fit the categories below.
If I had the time between carving and balancing the rest of my life, I might consider a lot of these things.

However, of that checklist I can say I've done:

Carve a pumpkin

Trick or Treat (in the past)

Walked in a Halloween store.

:thumbsup:
I know what you mean, SuperSonic. I work so much on this site, I don't have time to do these recreational Halloween things. I try to do the main things at least once. Often early in the season, so I can check it off my list and take the pressure off.

So far this season I did these...
  • Walk through a Halloween store: I hit about 5 actually, all in one day. Gotta maximize my time away from the office.
  • Carve a pumpkin: Obviously more of this is coming!
  • Watch a horror movie with an audience: I saw "You're Next" and really enjoyed it.
  • Decorate the house: I didn't actively try, many of my decorations are still in storage. But I got so many NEW items, my home is well decorated!
  • Take a walk: Sometimes I just need to get out, get some fresh air, and walk at the local park. I keep an odd schedule at this time of year, so I've seen a few sunrises.
  • Watch Halloween specials on TV: I've been trying to keep with Halloween Wars, Making Monsters, and some other random Halloween specials. I've also been watching the show Sleepy Hollow. And watched some movies like Hocus Pocus and Stephen King's IT.
  • Go to a concert: Not typically associated with Halloween, but for the past few years I've had the luck of seeing "spooky" artists like Alice Cooper and Rob Zombie during the month of October. I love concerts, so if there's a good show during the Halloween season, I try to go. Gotta allow myself one big treat. I'll be posting pics of this year's concert experience soon.
I don't anticipate getting to any haunted houses this year. I used to do that a lot, but haven't been for years. And I don't have any kids to take trick or treating. But if I have time, I'll stroll around the neighborhood on the big night, to see how people have their homes decorated. It's always fun to see all the pumpkins and costumed kids roaming the streets. Ans as for parties, at the very least I'll have the bash with family and friends on October 31. I got my costume planned.
Zombie Pumpkins! wrote:I know what you mean, SuperSonic. I work so much on this site, I don't have time to do these recreational Halloween things. I try to do the main things at least once. Often early in the season, so I can check it off my list and take the pressure off.
I'm currently in the midst of finding a job, so thats not a lot of fun. As well as trying to make Halloween worth it this year :) (although this isn't hard).

What I would like to do by the end of November is the following:

Watch a few scary/Halloween movies.

Seeing as my computer will be in for repairs in November (as I need it for October), I wont be online all that much, or watching movies (my CD/DVD drive has failed). This will give me a lot of time to catch up on movies I havent watched this season, with friends or by myself.

Take a walk.

I know how you feel about "seeing sun rises" It to me screams that I haven't enough sleep. So I like to just take a walk, or sit outside for a bit and enjoy the cool brisk air.

Listen to Halloween themed tunes:

I do this year round, but it feels right during the month you know? I just need to get my hands on some spooky tracks and listen away. Music is my healer.

Last, but not least, decorate the house:

My house was not made for decorating. The pumpkins do it for the most part, but if you know me well enough, I always take the extra mile to decorate if I can.
Zombie Pumpkins! wrote:I got my costume planned.
That is splendid news!
I think I can do most of these. I also need to add 'Do not gain 5 pounds from consuming mass amounts of pumpkin beer.'