Any creepy topic that doesn't fit the categories below.
So far Sandy has brought us 10 inches of snow just a few miles from where I live. Expecting flurries here tonight. It's been rainy, windy and cold all day but at least we are not being hit near as hard as the coastal states and up north. I'm sure Ryan is praying his power stays on with how busy the site gets just before and on Halloween.

A Halloween hurricane, certainly one that will be remembered.
I live just a mile from the Connecticut shoreline, where flooding can be a concern. The last hurricane that came through here did horrible damage, with high sea swells and crazy wind gusts. From my office dungeon, I can't see much of what's going on out there. But it doesn't sound good. Branches are down, a flag pole just blew over outside.

My lights have been flickering, so I'm concerned about losing power. If I go dark, so to speak, you'll know where I am. In the empty void that is the internet-less limbo realm.

Terrible timing, for sure. This is my busiest time, as far as having to do steady customer support and web server monitoring. Plus, I have my own Halloween plans to prepare for (some of which require electricity to finish). The show must go on! Although, I doubt we'll see any trick-or-treaters on Wednesday. The city may cancel it. So much for the scarecrow I built, I was really looking forward to putting him outside, but he'd blow away.

If the power goes out, I won't be able to do anything but carve pumpkins by candle light. The 'kins I've carved so far do not look pleased, do they?

Hang in there, hopefully not literally. My dad and step mom are in Greenwich, CT and he's saying you guys are going to get hit pretty good. Stay dry, watch out for the living dead (people who won't get their Starbucks in the morning).
Survived Frankenstorm pretty much untouched...some water in basement but the sump pumps are taking care of that. The uncarved, or about to be careved kins survived (left them on the porch...in a somewhat protected area) while I evacuated.
Good news Badgers. I haven't ventured outside, so I don't know what sort of damage might have occurred out there. But inside I'm safe, dry and haven't lost power.

To keep my spirits up while weathering the storm, I've been listening to a tune by the appropriately monstrously dressed band, Here Come The Mummies. You can play a sound sample of this song here: "Hurricanes, Floods and Fire" It has lyrics that I'm applying to my Halloween plans:

"Don't you worry baby, it won't kill my desire. Nothings gonna stop me, not hurricanes floods and fire. Natural disaster can't keep me away..."
:D Trick or Treat is set for Monday Nov. 5 so that means I get to carve my pumpkins!!!! YEAH!!!!
I just might have a mysterious illness crop up on saturday and have to call out from work :P so I have a little more time to gut and carve, and put out some Halloween scary stuff in addition to the uber cool (as I've heard them called in the past) Zombie Pumpkins. So I'm somewhat psyched(?) I get to carve some of the awesome patterns for this year.

I guess a big Thank You to Gov. Christie for his decree in trying to help kids not miss out on Halloween Trick-or-Treating and maybe putting things back to normal for some kids. Then again maybe he just wants candy too :D .