Any creepy topic that doesn't fit the categories below.
I made some Halloween cards and Party invitations you can customize and print for free. There are cute cards and some photo cards that are not so cute. I also have a good number of pumpkin carving party styles. www.mescards.com/halloween1/

Can you spot the Zombies?
www.mescards.com/halloween4/

Seriously though, any feedback on these before the Halloween season really gets rolling would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks - Mark
Last edited by mesmark on Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By sodajazz
oopsie I get... 'This Account Has Exceeded Its CPU Quota'

I'd love to see them though

Edit : got them. Page works now, I love them.

You've worked hard and they are fab :D
By mesmark
Soda - thanks, I'm glad you liked them.

I think I've fixed the CPU problem so it should be smooth sailing for Halloween (he crosses his fingers.)

Did you try to make up a card? (not necessarily print, but just make one/) I'm wondering if that whole process is easy or not. It seems easy to me but I designed it :P
Last edited by mesmark on Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By keithk83
I absolutely love the cards with the jack-o-lanterns on them. They look amazing. I tried making a card and it seemed very easy and intuitive. :D
By mesmark
Keith - Thanks, I'm glad you liked the cards and really glad you thought the card making process was easy enough.

I was thinking of putting up more jack o' lantern cards but I'm going to see what kind of response I get on the cards this season. I don't know how many people will really be interested in printable Halloween cards/invitations. But I had fun making the pumpkin cards. I like this one as a carving party invitation.

'Time's up!' - with the pumpkin I use for my avatar grinning over a pumpkin patch

I'd still like to hear from anyone else.
Last edited by mesmark on Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Good luck with these cards, mesmark. Do you have a way to track the views/downloads of these cards? Would be helpful to view such stats, so you know which sort of designs are more popular.
By Crystal
I never make online cards but I do make cards. This is my most recent... eh its ok but I can do better Im sure

By CanadianCarver
Hey Mesmark, I tried out your cards....pretty straightforward. However, if I use all the available fields, the last line prints below the cut line. Am I doing something wrong?
By mesmark
Hmm ... Well, if one of the fields rolls over to a second line, it will push the rest down. There's not much I can do about that, but you could type just a portion of what you want to say and write the rest by hand.

The 'I have a lot to say' version will fit up to 7 lines of text.

Also, if you have increased the font view on your computer, that may make the font 'appear' larger and thus 'appear' not to fit. However, upon printing the original configuration will be maintained. How does it look in the print preview?

Thanks for taking a look and putting the site to the test :D Let me know how it turns out.
By mesmark
zombiepumpkins wrote:Good luck with these cards, mesmark. Do you have a way to track the views/downloads of these cards? Would be helpful to view such stats, so you know which sort of designs are more popular.
Thanks Ryan. Well, I could see which card(s) gets the most hits if I installed AwStats or some other stats program that would track .jpg downloads. But my current stats program requires code in the page so it can't track images.

But, I'm just going to watch the Google search numbers and the page views on my Halloween pages throughout Oct. I'll compare those to other holidays and see how popular Halloween cards are with the masses.
By CanadianCarver
It's the second two fields that are causing my issue I think, as they use a large font. I simply moved the contents of the second field into the first, and then everything fit. This year will mark our 6th annual Halloween party, and I think we will be using one of your cards for the invitation! I really like the gloved hand holding the skull! Thanks again.
By shutterbug
Neat Stuff Mesmark!!!I tried to do a card.After filling out everything as it's s'pose to be done, I printed & only the front & fold lines came out.No words inside.Have I done something wrong?The preview looked right.All your knockouts printed ok too(123 cards etc)...Thanks...Judd :?:
By mesmark
Hmm ... it could be any number of things but I'm pretty sure it's some setting on your browser.

The first check is always the top and bottom margins. You can try decreasing those. The text actually lies over the image and if the image doesn't fit withing the margins it can push the text on to a second page.

I'm not sure if you were just testing for me or really wanted to print a card. (either way, thanks for taking a look.) If you are really needing the card, let me know if that doesn't fix the problem.
By shutterbug
...No ...not a test...After work I tried it again & shrunk it to 90% & the bottom line came onto the 1st page & everything was there.Thanks...that's what it was...printed pretty cool!!...BTW...the cardshop does work very well!!...Judd :D