Horribly happy wishes from us and the Grim Reaper.
So, my PERSONAL opinion on my own birthday is that I don't care to celebrate it, or even acknowledge it. I just don't feel the need to throw a party for the fact that I'm another year older, and closer to death, all for the sake of a few gifts. Now, I know that seems pretty self centered, but it's seriously a personal opinion, and not one I would ever expect anyone to understand or agree with. I've even gone so far as to abandon life and loved ones, and turn my cell phone off and go somewhere on my own on that day just so I don't have to hear "Happy Birthday" from anyone, and deactivate my Facebook account for a day. I seriously #!*@ing hate my birthday...

NOW, because of my own selfish opinions towards myself, I have overlooked the obvious fact that I RARELY acknowledge others' birthday announcements. Not just here, but even people in my own family. I'm a scumbag, I know. I even have a very hard time remembering my families birthdays. I understand I'm probably a very rare breed of human that doesn't enjoy free presents, and stuff, but it just doesn't excite me, and I genuinely feel no sense of entitlement for a day that I don't find worthy of celebration.

I always seem to pass over a B-day announcement with a sort of "meh" attitude. It really registers next to nothing inside me. I guess we'll call it a sudden burst of "holy crap-ness" that I realized that in doing so, I may have pissed people off with a proverbial 'I don't care enough about you to acknowledge your day' statement. It's not that I don't care... I DO care! It's just hard to get myself into a mindset that, quite frankly, I don't totally understand. I've tried to be better at it, and even the B-day post I made for Catfriday13, and SuperSonic on his personal Facebook page not so long ago were kind of a quick "oh crap, I better say something nice" obligatory feeling. I know others enjoy the celebration, and the festivities that go along with it all, but just please know that....oh god here I go with this cliche' phrase... it's not you, it's me!

In summary, and in a nutshell, I do sincerely apologize for overlooking this bored so often, and not being more active here. Without going through a laundry list of usernames, I'll just send this out to all of you that I may have given the cold shoulder to.

And a very Happy and belated Birthday to you all !!!!!!!!!
Last edited by chuckwagon on Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Well said, chuckwagon. Don't be hard on yourself, clearly you do care about friends and family (and online friends) if you're feeling any guilt for not acknowledging birthdays more. Everyone is different. Personally I'm at an age where I don't need to be showered with attention for my birthday. It's nice to be recognized, sure, but mostly it's just another day. So I treat others similarly. I do try to give people a shout on their birthday... not so much to say, "Hey, you're getting old, congrats on not dying yet." It's more of just an excuse to say, "Hey, I was thinking of you." Which I suppose we could and should do more often, at other times of the year. Anyway, I might wish someone a happy birthday, and then usually leave it at that... I don't push them to party. I don't say, "What are you doing to celebrate?!" Because I know some people may like to relax, be reflective, or even be alone.

I've been neglecting the birthday greeting posts here, not because I don't care, but I've been working hard and been distracted from a lot of forum posts. While I may not say "Happy birthday" to everyone on the day, it's the thought that counts. And obviously I hope everyone is having a good year. And the next year... and so on. Hope everyone is healthy and finding happiness. :)