Propose new ZP merchandise or review the goods you've ordered.
By pagemaster1993
Was the hoodie only done one year or was there others before it?
By nosferatu
I still really like the idea of car flags
By Hottie McNaughty
pagemaster1993 wrote:Was the hoodie only done one year or was there others before it?
I *thought* there had been a couple of years available but I might just be making that up. :wink:
By pagemaster1993
Hottie McNaughty wrote:
pagemaster1993 wrote:Was the hoodie only done one year or was there others before it?
I *thought* there had been a couple of years available but I might just be making that up. :wink:
I only remember seeing the Dawn hoodie, but I only knew of this site from Dawn to Invasion so far.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
There was only one year of hoodies. Black with the "Dawn" mascot on the back. I'm afraid I won't have the hooded sweatshirts in stock for this year. They're a bigger undertaking than the tshirts due to the higher cost to produce, not to mention the extra storage space they take up.

Those who bought the hoodies last time, how did you like the quality? Personally, I wear mine constantly in the fall, I find it very comfortable. But still, I was considering using a different brand when the hoodies eventually return.

Some said the fabric of the Dawn hoodies was too thin. Some said they'd prefer pull-overs to zip-fronts. And there was also an issue with them seeming to run a size too small, so some folks told me they were too snug, or they had to order a size up. If you have one, what are your thoughts?
By CorpseBride
Sadly I never purchased a hoodie when they were in stock :( Boo-urns. But if you do bring them back at some point may I suggest ladies styles? :D Pretty please with a cherry on top!
By Hottie McNaughty
Zombie Pumpkins! wrote:There was only one year of hoodies. Black with the "Dawn" mascot on the back. I'm afraid I won't have the hooded sweatshirts in stock for this year. They're a bigger undertaking than the tshirts due to the higher cost to produce, not to mention the extra storage space they take up.

Those who bought the hoodies last time, how did you like the quality? Personally, I wear mine constantly in the fall, I find it very comfortable. But still, I was considering using a different brand when the hoodies eventually return.

Some said the fabric of the Dawn hoodies was too thin. Some said they'd prefer pull-overs to zip-fronts. And there was also an issue with them seeming to run a size too small, so some folks told me they were too snug, or they had to order a size up. If you have one, what are your thoughts?
First of all, boo on no new hoodies, but I totally understand. I *love* mine and always get people asking about it. I think it's easier to broach the subject with a hoodie than a t-shirt. With the t-shirt in order for people to be able to really *look* at the ZP design they have to stare at.....well, my chest. Because the pattern on the hoodie is on the back I think it's less awkward for everyone. :wink:

Secondly, I love the lightweight feel of the hoodie and also like the zip up as I dislike pull overs (I hate to mess up my hair!). That said, I don't think AA is super great quality and I always seem to have zipper problems with them but I do wash and wear them quite a bit. I bought what you had left which is a large and it's pretty big on me and seems true to size. I'd love to have the option of a more appropriately sized one in the future.
By pagemaster1993
I prefer the zip up hoodies too. If it is for fall it should be light not heavy like a winter coat. I also never purchased a hoodie; because I did not have money when they were available and they were only available for a while.
By pagemaster1993
Well most people would be more prone to buying Tee Shirts because they are cheaper then Hoodies.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Good feedback. I also prefer zipper hoodies. And I agree Hottie, the soft and lightweight feel of the AA brand is really nice. Maybe I will give them another shot. My zipper is holding up, but I suppose I could see some issues because the zipper pull is kinda small and the zipper teeth aren't very "chunky."

I'm always considering variations on the apparel, like sweatshirts, long-sleeves, girl style cuts, children's sizes.... all of which happen to be more expensive to produce than the uber commonplace "unisex tee." I've experimented with other styles before, and ended up with leftover kids and girly shirts for years. Tough to tell what will sell.

And the other problem is, my space and budget are limited. I wish I could stock my office to the ceiling with every style and color of clothing possible. But it's not just practical. Ultimately, my product is patterns, not garments.

T-shirts are easy so you can expect a new design every Halloween season. But I may experiment with something a little different each year too. Who knows, maybe we'll hit on a style that really clicks and will become a new standard item in the Shocking Shop.

By the way, next year will be the 10 year anniversary of Zombie Pumpkins! :shock: Which seems like the perfect occasion to offer at least 1 special edition item.... or 10.
By Hottie McNaughty
Congratulations on 10 years....that's awesome!

I was just experimenting with one of my overly large ZP shirts. I went all Frankenstein on it and I have to admit that I kind of like it. I took it in an shaped it at the sides, cut the neck out and shortened and made the sleeves slightly ruffly. I'll snap a photo when I get a chance.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
I love the idea of modified shirts. If it suits your style, and you have to skill, by all means, slice and stitch your ZP shirts. I'd sell custom pieces like that if I had the skill myself. Looking forward to seeing the photo of how your experiment turned out.
By pagemaster1993
Congradulations on ten years of awesome Patterns and one Hell of a site. I special edition item would be cool, but I would keep it simple that way you do save money.
By GUS
Bulk of a hoodie really limits the market in terms of size & weight of packages for cross border sales, which makes t-shirts that bit easier?