Propose new ZP merchandise or review the goods you've ordered.
By Dredge
I enjoy reading the UK folks' posts. Your dialect really comes out in the typing. The typing is eloquent, and I can almost hear the accent while im reading!
By SuperSonic
ive never had these problems... guess im fortunate
By paddy_babe
Dredge wrote:I enjoy reading the UK folks' posts. Your dialect really comes out in the typing. The typing is eloquent, and I can almost hear the accent while im reading!
lol but I cant see the difference (is that because I'm in the uk myself?) surely my post should have a tint of the Irish accent :lol:

( "ah grand yaself, I was saying in me earlier posts that the royal mail have gone downhill. They are shite! I mean jayzus, mary and joesph you would tink they would pride demselves! but nah, sure they dont give a shite! fecking lazy blighters" ) :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
By SaneInsideInsanity
lol can you tell when the canadians are posting too eh?
By SuperSonic
yeah :)
By monstermash
Och a dinni ken aboot that, you widnae hae a clue that i wis fae bonnie scotland. Donald wheres yer troosers? Theres a moose loose aboot this hoose. Its a braw bricht moon licht nicht tae!!!
Away in bile some tatties and neeps tae hae wi the bleck puddin!

...Ok thats enough of that!!
By nosferatu
Have spoken once again to HM Customs & Revenue. Althought the parcel from Ryan is clearly marked as a gift, they have marked it as other and as such have not taken the £36 gift allowance into consideration and have therefore been charged VAT on the whole amount, so have therefore been overcharged on VAT by about £5 which I am claiming back as we speak.

Can't do anything about the mail charge though and so long as I keep orders below £36 in future or split them, everything should be fine.

Had the exchange rate been as it was last year, I wouldn't have had a problem
By matspud
Dredge wrote:I enjoy reading the UK folks' posts. Your dialect really comes out in the typing. The typing is eloquent, and I can almost hear the accent while im reading!
I would love to "hear" what you think we sound like. Dredge :D

Paddy_babe's possible irish /Essex accent could be interesting :D
By matspud
monstermash wrote:Och a dinni ken aboot that, you widnae hae a clue that i wis fae bonnie scotland. Donald wheres yer troosers? Theres a moose loose aboot this hoose. Its a braw bricht moon licht nicht tae!!!
Away in bile some tatties and neeps tae hae wi the bleck puddin!

...Ok thats enough of that!!
Goodness gracious me my dear ( in best posh Morningside, Prime of Miss Jean Brodie accent) Whatever makes you think all Scots speak like that. And no I speak neither broad Glaswegian nor posh Edinburgh.....................ehm fae Dundee, ken!
Last edited by matspud on Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By GUS
I'm afraid I'm terribly middle class! :roll: :oops:

you know things are messed up when the plethora of txt spk inundates a forum! ..I refuse to kow-tow to that mindless prattle that takes longer to work out than it does to write, even texts should be eloquent.

VIVA radio 4 (& the BBC world service) ..bastions of English language!
By paddy_babe
matspud wrote:Paddy_babe's possible irish /Essex accent could be interesting :D
my accent is quite strange matspud :lol:
when I was admining on paltalk a lot of the americans/candians loved my accent as they thought it was the 'proper' english accent (I suppose it kinda is as I had to 'learn' the accent) but they couldnt make out the irish until I put on a heavy accent!

monstermash I actually was able to understand what you wrote! :lol:
By paddy_babe
I was reading my local paper online and look what I found!

http://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/news ... 5659505.jp

looks like someone is noticing the Royal Mail mess....

begs the question, what of the ones that arent caught!
By nosferatu
Where we used to live a post woman was arrested and had over 300,000 items of post in her house. All unopened.

Did you ever read Viz? They had a charxhter called Postman Plod.
This is the wikipedia description:
As his name suggests, Plod is a postman, and is probably a parody of the children's character Postman Pat. Unlike Pat, Postman Plod is an incredibly lazy, drunken, miserable and bad tempered man and a chronic malingerer. He obviously hates his job and hates the people he is obliged to deliver letters to.

Plod is bone idle and lethargic and frequently takes extended periods off work with questionable excuses that only hold water because they are supported with notes from his doctor who is just lazy as he is. The pair of them often concoct some excuse for time off work so that they can go and play golf. Whenever he turns up for work at all Plod is completely lacking in any work ethics, and often enjoys opening and reading the mail he is meant to be delivering. He is not even bothered about hiding this activity, and once, after reading someone's bank statement, either mocking or embarrassing that person for their poor financial situation (another example is when he exposes a resident's arrival of brown-enveloped 'jazz mags' to the whole street).
By sodajazz
Householders in Stockport have received thousands of items of post nearly four years after they were originally sent.

A number of tax statements and out-of-date cheques were among the 17,500 items stolen by a Royal Mail worker after they were posted in December 2005 and January 2006.

The letters were recently delivered to the homes with a SK6 postcode without any further explanation, the Manchester Evening News reports.

Doreen Dilkes, 62, of Bredbury, received a notice informing her that she could appeal against her redundancy from a job she had lost three years earlier.

Her husband Sid said: "We couldn't believe it when we looked at the postal date and saw the letters had been posted so long ago."

Another late item was a postcard sent by a girl from Germany to her long-since split boyfriend.

A Royal Mail spokesman said: "We can only apologise that anyone who has received delayed items of mail without any explanation. There should have have an explanatory letter and an apology."
Seems a bit pointless to deliver them now :)

*touches wood* I've never had a problem with international mail,
By paddy_babe
*touches wood for jazz*
I cant believe that poor woman that could have appealed. There is a lot of RM stuff coming up in the media recently, maybe they got wind of this thread? :lol:

I'm really scared to order my pro tool now from the shocking shop... I really really REALLY want it though.... :(

ughh I'll flirt with the postie, maybe then it will get delivered LMAO!