Talking about spooky store scores and online oddity offerings.
By SuperSonic
I can't wait to head into mine as well. I want that MUG!! (the Pumpkin one). Do you remember how much those were Ryan? Also how tall they are?
By matspud
monstermash wrote:
nosferatu wrote:I have just emailed their customer service pleading for a UK franchise or at least UK shipping. Doesn't harm to ask.......
I'm sure there would be a decent market here for decent props. I think if people knew what great stuff is out there, you'd see more and more people getting into halloween. They'd make enough money of us Brits on this forum alone!
Don't hold your breath. THey said they were shipping to the UK via iship ( or shop , I can't remember now) and I tried many many times to order - no luck. It was a complete waste of time . :( :( :( I emailed them almost as many times as I tried to order and, to date, haven't received a reply :x :x :x
By MooBoo
matspud wrote:
monstermash wrote:
nosferatu wrote:I have just emailed their customer service pleading for a UK franchise or at least UK shipping. Doesn't harm to ask.......
I'm sure there would be a decent market here for decent props. I think if people knew what great stuff is out there, you'd see more and more people getting into halloween. They'd make enough money of us Brits on this forum alone!
Don't hold your breath. THey said they were shipping to the UK via iship ( or shop , I can't remember now) and I tried many many times to order - no luck. It was a complete waste of time . :( :( :( I emailed them almost as many times as I tried to order and, to date, haven't received a reply :x :x :x
Do you think there is some sort of petition we could put together to show how interested the UK is about Halloween? We need better stock! :?
By nosferatu
I rang them. Spoke to a really nice woman in customer services and promptly spent more time chatting about other stuff than Halloween.

The basic up shot is that it isn't worth the effort and expense. They have enough problems shipping in the US and To Canada. Apparently, they get lots of requests from the UK and Europe but won't budge.....at the moment. I told her to ship me a couple of containers full of stock, take the orders and I'd ship it from here by couier and they'd still be quids in. Lost her with the last bit.

Still she was very nice and helpful in an unhelpful way.

For the record, I think initially they would make a lot of money if they were to open 2. Or 3 temporary shops over here in the run up to Halloween. We all know how poor UK Halloween stock is and how over priced. We also know how the 3 main supermarket chains all stock up on the same old, same old year in year out. Such a shame. A bit of competition and they may up their game.

Yes there is a recession and people are spending less but people always buy bargains and lets face it if theydid ship to the UK, we would all be buying in serious quantities. It's the same with foam pumpkins. When someone finally realises that they could sell hundreds of thousands in the UK but in sterling rather than dollars, they will soon be on a container ship from China.
SuperSonic wrote:I want that MUG!! (the Pumpkin one). Do you remember how much those were Ryan? Also how tall they are?
$13.99 USD for the Pumpkin Tumbler.
nosferatu wrote:I rang them. Spoke to a really nice woman in customer services... The basic up shot is that it isn't worth the effort and expense.
Sorry to hear that Spirit isn't looking to branch out to the UK yet. I'm sure they'd do well, if they were willing to make the initial investment. Currently, about half the items I'm shipping out are to the UK! (overseas orders seem to happen more frequently in the early part of the season, maybe because people are accounting for shipping times). In any case, thanks for doing that research, Nosferatu.
I really like those tumblers, but why do they have to be ceramic. I am a little accident prone and paranoid that I would drop it and then what? Pull out the super glue and even at that it would not look the same. On the opposite side if they have the Widow Maker mug/cup this year I am going to get it for my old Astronomy Teacher.