Talking about spooky store scores and online oddity offerings.
By matspud
Nowhere new. TK MAXX have started to get their stuff in and the one in Edinburgh usually has better stuff than the one in Dundee ( I tried to post pics yesterday but they wouldn't load )
By MooBoo
I've seen some stock in B&M but its generally the same stock as Pound shop, i got a few pics.

Glittery decorations and tinsel.

Light up skulls

Various Lights

There was some nice wooden signs but they were quite damaged and mouldy, so i didn't get them. :(

I've been popping into my local TK Maxx, they usually have some good stuff but as of yet there is no sign of stock. :D
By nosferatu
The only thing I bought in B&M was a string of 80 orange fairy lights which at £2.99 wasn't too bad a price. They have a few things that are quite reasonable but I would love to gins somewhere that sells better quality items.
By S.A.M
Wilkinson's have started to update their site, not all listed yet and is showing as out of stock:
http://www.wilkinsonplus.com/page/halloween2012
Last year they had that talking reaper at a decent price so fingers crossed they'll have something equally as good this year. I think the Halloween displays should be in stores within the next couple of weeks if last year is to go by.

I've bought a couple of these light sets from NOMA, as always from them they're high quality
Full info here: http://www.noma.co.uk/hw8802gcu
Multi-function, indoor and outdoor use with a control box that has a mechanical twist switch for selecting function rather than a push button that forgets the setting when you turn them off. They are a very bright, vivid pumpkin orange colour and against the blackness of the night look very Halloween, I'm going to have them lining the tops of the fence beckoning trick or treaters down the path :)=

They were produced as a limited run in the Halloween packaging but I've been in touch with NOMA and they do have them available in normal packaging listed as; Item No. 998802GCU and they're £15.99 a set direct from them, if anyone in the UK wants a set that's the item number but you'll have to contact them as they're not listed for sale on their website.
By nosferatu
Thanks for the links S.A.M. I quite like the skull mister at Wilkinson and I may have to bu the Teen Wolf costume. I love that film
By S.A.M
zombombie wrote:I like that skull mister too... Wish they had a video of it in action though, would be good see how much mist it produces.
This looks like the same one:

[youtube]
[/youtube]

It looks as though the mist is held in the skull, rolling around the back of the eyes and nose and only escaping when a breeze blows it out. I don't think you'd get a fountain of mist cascading down it but it does look good, would be cool on the doorstep on Halloween night or in the middle of the table at a Halloween party.
By S.A.M
Well Wilko's by me have put their Halloween stock out, it is essentially what they've got on their website so nothing quite as good as last years talking reaper. I bought one of the skull mist units to see what is like and it's not too bad, I reckon it'll look grand by the punch bowl that's if I had a punch bowl :lol:
It would have been better if there was a way of choosing the colour it displays, it spends ages on the blue section and a short time on the others. I think it looks better with an orange or green light, setting the mist unit in the skull is fiddly as you only have the little hole in the top.

I did a video to show how it looks;
[youtube]
[/youtube]

I like the way they've tackled the water jet that you get with these ultrasonic mist units and makes them so messy to use, there is a little plastic thingamajig that holds the unit at one end and at the other end is a thingamabob that acts as a lid to stop the water jet spraying everywhere, it's in the video.
By monstermash
What happens if you switch the mister on when its not inside the skull? I might have used it in something else.
By S.A.M
monstermash wrote:What happens if you switch the mister on when its not inside the skull? I might have used it in something else.
It's totally independent of the skull so you can use it anywhere you can submerge it in water :D
By monstermash
Hhmm interesting. If the lead is nice and long I might be able to incorporate it in my grim reaper statue (if I ever finish it). Thanks S.A.M.

On the subject of halloween tat in shops, I haven't actually seen any yet but ive not really made an effort to look. If I can make a prop myself, thats the route I like to go down. AND we had a touch of frost this morning so that bodes ill for pumpkins.