Talking about spooky store scores and online oddity offerings.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
I'm a fan of the scent of baked goods, so I imagine the Whoopie Pie is good. Creamy vanilla frosting meets moist, rich, chocolate.

I sampled a whiff of the Caramel Pecan Pie and that's got a tasty scent too. Walnuts, pecans and creamy caramel.

Harvest Welcome is an interesting scent, that of farm-fresh pumpkins. Unlike most pumpkin scent candles that focus on the spices added to pumpkin during baking, this candle smells more like a fresh pumpkin you'd smell at the patch.

Season's Blessings goes further with the fresh produce idea. Pear, plums and grape with hints of spice and cardamom.

I haven't tried Treehouse Memories yet. Apparently that one is earthy woods wrapped in sweet, familiar spices.

My personal pick is Apple Pumpkin. Smells a bit more like a traditional pumpkin spice candle, but with apple too. Home-grown apples and pumpkins blended with ginger and clove. Pumpkins and apple cider are part of fall.

And don't forget, there are Halloween specific scents and decorations coming soon. Saturday, August 4th, to be exact.

Here's a preview...

Trick or Treat smells like candy corn and buttercream. So sweet, reminds me of getting sick on too much candy.

New Boney Bunch figurines and other skeletal candle holders.

Witches Brew (patchouli) and Candy Corn candles, with skull and jack o' lantern faces.

The Happy Halloween candle scent smells like black licorice (not like black cats).
By pagemaster1993
The pumpkin and skull jars look awesome. I was hoping they would bring back the Skeleton Hand Candle Holder. I bought one last year to use with a flame less candle, but am actually now using it to hold a pencil cup on my desk.
By pagemaster1993
Zombie Pumpkins! wrote:So I wonder how this Saturday's "Preview Party" works. Apparently there are giveaways every hour.

I do not know I popped in at last years preview party bought one thing and got out. The funny thing about mine was that every employee had a skull painted on their face.
By OldTrustyLegs
I went in to my local one today and had a look around. The guy working there said the preview went really well and sold out of a lot of their Boney Bunch stuff. I bought the bride and groom candle holder for friends of mine who are getting married next weekend and some votives of the new scents. I absolutely love the Apple Pumpkin and Season's Blessings scents (would have tried the Whoopie Pie, but they didn't have any).
By Zombie Pumpkins!
I went to Yankee Candle for check out the premiere of their Halloween goods. The "preview party" consisted of orange/black balloons out front, an employee in a skull face shirt, and a snack table of cookies and candy. I must confess, it's fun to be able to say "trick or treat" to a stranger during the month of August and be rewarded with free candy.

They had lots of nice items, but not much that screamed "buy me!" I left with some pumpkin/Halloween car air fresheners (on sale) and this candle...

The scent is candy corn. I have a lot of pumpkin scented candles (pumpkin pie, pumpkin spice, pumpkin buttercream, pumpkin apple), but nothing of the candy corn variety so I thought it was a good choice. And of course, I couldn't resist the jar made of orange glass with the jack o' lantern face on the front. It didn't dawn on my until I got home, the flame makes the wax glow orange too, so it's like a little pumpkin lantern.

Here's the display that greets you when you walk in...

They also have a black jar with a skull face. The scent is "Witches Brew" (patchouli). I didn't care for the smell or design as much. In fact, both of these faces look kinda rough. Maybe they're meant to look hand carved, as if on a pumpkin? But I think we all know that with the right tools, a pumpkin carving can look smooth and clean...

The bleeding candles are always fun. And I really liked the skull. It's open on the bottom, you can just place it over a jar candle...

Lots of black cat items this year. These arched felines hold a tea light candle in their back...

Cats marching around a jar...

Similar to the skull, there's also a cat head that holds a jar within. Glows from the eyes and mouth. Also witch shoes and hats. These are all part of their Black Cats & Witch's Spell series.

Part of the Pumpkin Patch series, these jacks are classic...

One of the very few Creepy Crawlies items, which feature spider webs...

The Skeleton Crew hand is back. I bought one last year...

Popular with the collectors, The Boney Bunch is back with new skeletal gentlemen and ladies...

For pet lovers, there are boney cats and dogs...

If you buy a few different items, you can make a nice arrangement...

Tiny skeletons that hang from the side of a jar candle, with boney legs dangling. I regret not buying one when I was there. My local store sold out, and even the Yankee Candle site is sold out of these...

Glad to see that the black wine bottles are back this year. They glow with a candle within. I almost bought them last year, and now that they're back.. maybe it's a sign? But at $40, I can't quite justify the buy. Maybe if get my hands on a coupon or run into a sale...

This hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil piece is another item I'd consider on a sale. Also part of the Skeleton Crew series...

A rare flame-less candle in the Yankee Candle store. Colored LEDs light up this one...

The Haunted Happenings series brings us these haunted houses and graveyard scenes. Presumably all have some spot to stick a candle...

For scaredy cats that can't handle some skulls, they also offer some general harvest designs, next to Pumpkin Spice candles.

These glass items are called Pumpkin Crackle...

And finally, some more fall themed candles. Full of pumpkin, but minus the jack o' lantern association. Scents like pumpkin pie, harvest, and pumpkin buttercream.

Of course, you can see all the Halloween items on the Yankee Candle site: Halloween: Yankee Candle. If there's anything you can't live without, you might want to buy it quickly. A lot of these stuff is already selling out.
By sloaner
Wow lots of cool looking stuff. I think they have a Yankee Candle in the mall. I may have to check that out next weekend, along with Michaels.
By Bonster
I've not seen a Yankee Candle Shop here in the Toronto area; however, we do have Bath and Body Works shops everywhere. I am a huge fan of the Slatkin Company candles - especially the ones that come out in the fall and winter. They too have some neat halloween themed/scented products like candles, candle holders, hand soap, air fresheners, etc.
By sloaner
I'm from the Niagara area and don't think there are any Yankee Candle stores there, But now I live in the Kitchener Waterloo area and I think we have one.
By zombombie
Fantastic stuff! :) Thanks for venturing into the field and bringing us back pics :)

Really wish the UK got half as much good stuff as the USA gets... Sorry for going on, it jusr becomes more and more apparent that the UK is seriously lacking in the Halloween department!

But seriously though, if any of you need a random Scotsman to live in your house in the States, I'm your man!! :lol:
By ghostface
I went to Yankee Candle the other day. They had all those great Halloween themed items. I regret not buying anything. Hopefully a lot of the stuff I was looking at will still be there when I go back. :) Great photos too!
By JimmOfTheDead
I stopped in during the preview party and got one of the Happy Halloween (black licorice-scented) candles. I have a few other Yankee Candle items from previous years, including two Boney Bunch candle holders: a groom proposing to a bride, and a married couple with a cake that says "Congratulations Newly-deads." I think both of those are back by popular demand this year.

I tend to get more things from Bath and Body, due in part to the fact that my wife works there. I got some "sweet cinnamon pumpkin" hand sanitizer so far, but I think the newest Halloween items are being released in the next few weeks. I forget everything that's coming out, but some pumpkin-scented, glow-in-the-dark soap is the thing that stood out most in my mind. :)

Did anybody get one of the give-aways or prizes at Yankee Candle's preview party? I'm just curious if anybody knows what they were giving out. My local store didn't have any balloons, but they had some drink and cookies or crackers or something.