Talking about spooky store scores and online oddity offerings.
By paddy_babe
This is just to let the ukers know that Sainsburys are starting (not a big range but a few bits). I was going to add this to Gus's thread but didnt as that was ASDA.

Their stuff is mostly kids stuff but they had fake spiderwebs (49p), masks, wigs, plastic spiders (for the goodie bags), door curtains, window decorations etc (my local one on Oxney Road at least did) ohh and 'halloween tinsel' (basically black and orange tinsel) for 99p. That might be useful....

Also there was a 'Halloween Cauldron Fogger' for £14.99... has anyone seen/used this before and is it worth it?
I know it wont be great but I havent ever used one and might be good to get one like that and get a proper one next year :)

OHH forgot to mention, they had a plush pumpkin that sings 'I want candy' and it's mouth moves and the lid pops open at intervals with space to put sweets inside.... even if you dont want to buy it, if your walking pass PRESS IT! :lol:
By GUS
paddy_babe wrote:This is just to let the ukers know that Sainsburys are starting (not a big range but a few bits). I was going to add this to Gus's thread but didnt as that was ASDA.

Also there was a 'Halloween Cauldron Fogger' for £14.99... has anyone seen/used this before and is it worth it?
I know it wont be great but I havent ever used one and might be good to get one like that and get a proper one next year :)
Cauldron foggers are ceramic plate agitators esentially, they vibrate & produce fine water vapour (the fog) are used for inside displays really, too much wind elsewhere & the output is very little, just enough to look like a smouldering effect..

NOT FOGGER SMOKE, ..hopefully Asda will be selling their gemmy foggers this year (they were 700w previously) so ok for a few hours laying a periodic fog blanket down your street....
However for an all night layer of fog the unit to use is the 1200 watt constant fx fogger

Thanks for the add to the list, I always forget about Mr Sainsbury..
For a mister unit (i presume its a 3 led model) thats good value, they were typically £24-32 a few years ago.
By paddy_babe
With the cauldron fogger I was thinking of getting it for a table top piece. The outdoor fogger smoke how much do they go for and are they worth it?

Will have to keep my eye on asda now :D its a shame they dont add/ update their websites to much.
By GUS
foggers are definitely worth it (unless you are in a high rise flat)!
they obviously advertise your open & stocked up to halloween T&'ers ..just bang a sign up saying DECENT costumes only! to deter the cocky kids, when we get them I tend to ask them for sweets as my costume is a darn sight better than theres.. but give them a little sweet or two to get the point across..

Last year I even had a kid dressed as santa! :roll:
By GUS
..£14.99 if you are lucky enough to get a Gemmy @ asda don't get less than 700w due to slow warm up times, bigger wattage = more smoke as & when needed...
which is why I have 3 or 4 1200 w constant foggers this year as well as my asda unit.
generally they go for anything dependant upon season, this is obviously peak season, after which there'll be lots of 1 night use returns.

typically though £27+ for a corded remote unit (hard-wired)
By paddy_babe
lmao I have always been banshees, witches, vampires and such (I was never a 'fairy princess' type of child :p )

Thats a good idea about the sign. I will have to take a look at the front/ back of my house and see if I can incopriate (sp) it (my front is hidden a little bit I was thinking of putting a sign under the top window so people see it... something saying 'happy halloween' or something).

Are the fogger smoke ones the one with the chemical liquid thing?
By nosferatu
Last year I even had a kid dressed as santa!
We had one come straight from school who was in his uniform and blazer. When I asked him about fancy dress he pointed towards his blazer breast pocket and pointed to a tooth brush and said, "I've come as a tooth brush holder."

He was suitably rewarded for his sarcasm and imaginative costume
By paddy_babe
I once had a kid knock on the door in his school uniform, he said he was harry potter (I knew his sister so before he left I got some eyeliner pencil and did the lightning bolt on his forehead...)

I remember the old trick of a group of friends swapping masks to get more sweets. (I hate now that kids just put on a mask and put their hood up on their jumper... I remember when I was a kid slaving over my costume with make-hair, hair, accessories etc) and BLACK BIN LINERS! gawd my mam always suggested that as a cape or something! :lol:
By paddy_babe
GUS wrote:..£14.99 if you are lucky enough to get a Gemmy @ asda don't get less than 700w due to slow warm up times, bigger wattage = more smoke as & when needed...
which is why I have 3 or 4 1200 w constant foggers this year as well as my asda unit.
generally they go for anything dependant upon season, this is obviously peak season, after which there'll be lots of 1 night use returns.

typically though £27+ for a corded remote unit (hard-wired)
sorry I missed your post....I wont be having 3/4 myself JUST yet lol, I bet your house will look great gus :D
I'm confused by this though e.g "Fluid consumption: 65ml/minute"
is that good or bad? :?
By SuperSonic
it depends PB it all depends on how much it can hold and not to mention how much fog juice you have lets just say 2 litres for arguments sake and it consumes 65ml a minute your good to go considering you have alot to go through. However if it were to say take 100ml and youve only got so much its bad so less the better (thats IF its a good fogger) so really its all in how much it puts out how much juice you got and how much wattage the fogger has :)
By paddy_babe
ohh I dunno now, I was just looking at all different ones on ebay and I noticed that spec was coming up a lot.

I give up with the whole fog thing... it has to be a small halloween this year as I moved house last month, had my 21st and my son's 2nd bday this month, have my partner's bday and a new baby arriving in Nov and then its Christmas.... expensive year!

I'm going to stick with my led light thingys, the new carving tools, pumpkins, cobwebs and some homemade tombstones (maybe a zombie.... lol!)

I dont really have a proper front garden aswell, (great back one and area outside) so will be working with a new (and slightly smaller space).
By SuperSonic
i can fit 30 pumpkins in my small area :P and a grave yeard scene alot can be done with small areas :D
By paddy_babe
I was think of getting the fella (he wants to get involved with 'manly' jobs lol) to build a makeshift shelving unit (nothing fancy just bits of wood and nails) so I can 'stack' some pumpkins against one of the walls and a bench (like the ones you have in school) going under the kitchen window (or a shoe rack thinking about it now) for some more 'kins with some left for the ground.

cobwebs can go anywhere and tombstones can be propped up anywhere. There is a comunity piece of grass in front of my house, will have to dig out paperwork to see which house is responsible for it (possible space then for homemade pumpkin?)

It sucks really as I was staying with my mam one halloween and she has the PERFECT drive for decorating, really big, private (thanks to bushes), wide but winding and loads of nooks and crannys that I put pumpkins in :D

will have to take pics of the fronts of both houses and post them on here so people can see what I mean.
(I might even decorate my mams again as she lives really close....)
By GUS
OK, cheaper than constructing your own are the ASDA STYRENE TOMBSTONES.. a range of 3-6 varieties normally, same as tescos' ones so check prices..

Now for some variety why not cut up cheap skull head (back to front & mount them on the tombstones & decorate..
I use cheap garden black painted glass mounted on rod tealight holders to highlight my tombstones a bit, at £1.00 each they work well & add a bit of variety & light..
Gaffer tape & sticks (bamboo)? to pin em into place & hopefully prevent them blowing away ..