Talking about spooky store scores and online oddity offerings.
By mesmark
I use the terms 'Halloween' and 'shopping' quite loosely, but here's what we have so far ...

Here's the only display in the shopping mall's department store.
Just some small ornament type decorations. Most are the same as last year. I do like the octagon spider web and spider, but I didn't buy it .. yet. When I saw that they had a basket full of them below, I figured that I could wait.

Same mall, but in front of the supermarket. They have this 'big' snack island.

Unfortunately, all of it is just the same old snacks you can get on isle 9, but with Halloween packaging. So, the package is all themed up but the inside is just a lollipop, marshmallow, or chocolates. Here's a close up of the Marshmallow package:

Not much better at toys r us either:

Hot pink pumpkin bucket anyone?

I'm not really expecting it to get any better ...
Last edited by mesmark on Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
It's kind of funny. I always imagine things being different (not too drastically, but some what) in other countries. However not so much.

Those Jack-O'-Lantern things in picture 2 and those Disney Pumpkin Lanterns are cool.
By chuckwagon
I think it's fantastic! It may be small in comparison to what is seen elsewhere in the world, but everything looks so unique in those displays! I'd love to get my hands on a few things in these pics :)
By matspud
Still better than most of the stuff offered by supermarkets in the UK ( when they eventually decide to put anything out), Mes :D Loving the little Cheshire cat lantern, and the colours are FUN!!! The confectionery looks fun too.
By mesmark
Interesting that you guys like the Disney stuff. Actually, Disney is probably the #1 reason Halloween is growing in Japan. We have Tokyo Disney Land here and they have a Halloween themed month in Oct., plus merchandise all over. I didn't take any pictures of the Disney stuff, because I assumed it would be what everyone sees in the Disney Stores in the States. Maybe not ...

Here are a couple things I picked up today. They were all just items in a novelty shop here.

and the local farmer's market put out this haul for 2015!

and they have more in the back!

That is an amazing amount of pumpkins for any place around here. Usually, you'll see 3-5 pumpkins for sale if any.