Talking about spooky store scores and online oddity offerings.
By OldTrustyLegs
I had to make a stop by Michaels today for something decidedly un-Halloween and saw that they've got quite a bit of frankly awesome stuff:

This is a lot like the one from Yankee Candle. There's a votive candle slot behind each window.

The joints on these guys are ratcheted, so you can put them in any position you want (I can see some abuse happening here!).

Love these candy bowls!

And, last but not least, here's what I picked up (they've got them in orange too):

The moral of the story is, Michaels will bankrupt me this year.
By Raven
GAH! I love the raven pillar candle holders! I'm going to have to stay out of that store this year...and probably all other stores. ALL of them.
By pagemaster1993
I wonder if you can get those Raven Apothecary (I believe that is what you would call them) Jars with out anything in them. From the looks of it, "No."
By Mayor of Haddonfield
pagemaster1993 wrote:I wonder if you can get those Raven Apothecary (I believe that is what you would call them) Jars with out anything in them. From the looks of it, "No."
I just bought one of these last week, and I don't think the items inside can be removed. I'll check to see if the glass is removable, and the items can be taken out, and get back to you.

I also don't believe they sell any of them without anything in it.
By pagemaster1993
Thanks for the information. They are still pretty cool regardless.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Fantastic photos from the field, OldTrustyLegs. Thanks for sharing. Great recap of the offerings at Michaels this year. My location has those same items, in basically the same shelf positions too. Are you sure you didn't come to my neighborhood? Probably not. Chain stores usually arrange products based on some diagrammed instructions from the corporate office.

Here are some photos I took...

You're right, that full size skeleton with the ratcheted joints has a lot of fun potential. I put him into a running pose, in the store aisle:

A couple standout items that I have my eye on... I like this giant wooden skull, for it's rustic look and sheer size:

And this raven candlestick would match a lot of similar items I already have on my shelves:

By pagemaster1993
Michael's always has way too much nice stuff. Not to mention with a 40% off coupon each week. In the words of Guy, "Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!"
By chuckwagon
In case anyone was wondering about prices for the gemmies this year... This is US dollars, sorry Canada, but your prices were on the tags only and I didn't get all of them but i hope this gives you a good idea, anyway... I bought 6 today. More later...

This one intrigued me because I do not remember seeing these last year or before.... a squatted gemmie... may be good for wider patterns?

I also noticed that the price tags did not have the usual "Celebrate It" branding that I'm used to seeing, but rather "Ashland". I'm curious to see if Stoney (our foamie marketing expert) has any insight onto this years supply.
By BigScience
Craziness! I just was at my michael's and they had harvest/fall but no real halloween stuff yet...
By matspud
Interestingly the seasonal aisle in Tesco today had lots of................................................................................. washing powder and fabric softener :? :? :? :? :?
By portercat
Until August 27th, the local Michaels (Edmonton, AB) has all craft pumpkins BOGO. Not sure if this sale is local, regional or national.
By monstermash
matspud wrote:Interestingly the seasonal aisle in Tesco today had lots of................................................................................. washing powder and fabric softener :? :? :? :? :?

Saw some christmas biscuits in the poundshop! Knowing the poundshop they were probably out of date ones from last year but still a depressing sight. Not as depressing as seeing all these lovely things already available in the US.
By Raven
Despite my resolve not to go into Michaels this year.. .I went to Michaels. I picked up this guy. He sparkled at me and I couldn't resist. They had a lot of Day of the Dead stuff, but sadly I failed to take a picture of the display.