Talking about spooky store scores and online oddity offerings.
As we all know the wonders that are Count Chocula, Franken Berry, and Boo Berry only come out one short time frame a year. It also appears that General Mills loves to celebrate this event with special surprises. Last year they brought back two of the long lost monsters: Fruity Yummy Mummy and Fruit Brute. Then on top of that Target had exclusive vintage style boxes of all five as well.

This year my friends is no different. This year our favorite monsters to share breakfast with are back and looking a bite different then usual. It seems they have been redesigned, but not just redesigned by anybody. They have been redesigned by D. C. Comics Artists! I may not be the biggest fan of D. C., but this is still pretty cool.

So with out further ado. Here are the monsters you have been waiting for:

Count Chocula done by Terry and Rachel Dodson:

Franken Berry done by Dave Johnson:

and Boo Berry done by Jim Lee:

Which one is your favorite re-imaging of these classic monster. If I had to rank them it would go something like this: 1. Franken Berry, 2. Boo Berry, and 3. Count Chocula(looks a little funny to me.)

Target has also brought back the retro boxes this year. However they have cut out masks of the monsters on the back. Unfortunately I have not picked them up yet, but I will and you will be the first to know.
Great recap of this year's Monster Cereals event, pagemaster! These characters have been reinterpreted many times over the years, and I'm pretty sure this is my favorite cereal box art yet. Great illustration style on all of them. If I had to pick an order of favorites, I'd say...

1. Franken Berry
2. Count Chocula
3. Boo Berry

No disrespect meant to Boo. It's just that his character design is pretty simple so there's not much you can play with. In my opinion, you can't beat a guy with chains, rivets, gauges and electrodes! :frank:
Just picked up all 3 of thse at Walmart today for $2.50 a box. Are they not going to have Fruity Yummy Mummy and Fruit Brute this year? I haven't been to Target.

1. Franken Berry - Because Frankenstein
2. Boo Berry - Looks like he just smoked something
3. Count Chocula - Looks like the green goblin with a giant nose
I was hoping they would have a change of heart. However I do agree with Ryan they may just rise from the grave once more. I hope to be there when they do.
So I finally got my hands on the three Target Retro boxes.

Each one features a cut out mask on the back.

Can't wait to see what they do next year. Maybe next year they'll have Marvel do the designs, have some kind of prize inside, or maybe a special promotion.
They look great, thanks for the pics pagemaster. I really do hope to see more fun packaging and promotions from General Mills in the future. They Halloween community had a big reaction to the stunts of the past two years, so they should make this sort of thing a tradition!
Frankenberry, by a wide margin.
Count Chocula. (The logo font is pretty great!)
Boo Berry.

I think I'm going to pick these up just for the boxes.
My favorite part of holiday decorating is replacing all of the art on my walls with appropriately themed items. These would look pretty great in frames and hung in a grouping.